Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/146.5/135
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default Sticks turning purple;no weight loss

In 4 wks I lost 4.5lbs. I don't have very much too lose, maybe another 10lbs. I'm 5'7" & started at 151lbs. Could that be the reason the weight loss is slow? I seem to be doing everything & since the sticks are purple I should be burning fat. I've only added 5g of carbs since induction. Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:04

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Default Hi!

Follow the plan exactly. Don't hang around on induction too long because it's been known to stall people (guilty as charged, here ).

Add those 5g per day each week as the book prescribes. Most people find that it starts their loss going again.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 14:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Aren't you lucky that you started low carbing when you were only a bit over your good weight! Now that you have learned to LC, you need NEVER be overweight again.

Yes, definitely, the small amount left to lose is the reason you are losing slowly. In fact, losing slowly is a VERY good thing because you are learning to eat LC as you will for the rest of your life to maintain the new weight. It takes time to change habits and the old 'low fat, low cal' mindset. So you will just gradually approach the goal.

You might have already found that you are smaller at this weight than you were on the way up. You may have lost fat but gained lean muscle mass and actually be smaller. (Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less room.)

have you noticed any other benefits of eating LC? Feeling better, more energy, less indigestion, no shakiness or desperation to eat, reduced hunger? All these are great 'side effects' of LCing.

#4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 19:20

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Tofi! Thank you SO much for the super positive words!

Yes, I've most definitely noticed many improvements.. but I had to carb load to get rid of the crippling fatigue I had. I think that was due to being on induction too long, and not deducting fiber grams from my carb count!!!! But I still feel like I'm "functioning below optimal," if that makes any sense.

I'm going to increase my carbs to 40g tomorrow (currently around 35g). I think if my energy goes back to normal I can workout harder, better, and with more "spunk," which means more calories burned, etc., etc.

Again, thank you SO MUCH for the uplifting words!! You're an angel!