Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 13:58

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I'm back!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Glad to back! Finally , I have managed to get back on the wagon after many many failed attemps. It is now my 4rth day and I am already beginnig to feel the wonderful affects of low carbing. During my absence, I started on wellbutrin, it has been 5 weeks and I am wondering if anyone has taken an antidepresant along with Hydroxycut or any similar product??? I really could use the energy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:11

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

wellbutrin

yes, i was on wellbutrin for a long time. 400 mg a day. i did not take it with hydrocut, so i can't help you there. i did gain some weight while on the meds, but i think it was something i could have controlled if i wanted to at the time. may i ask what you are taking it for? when i was on it, i reduced my smoking to 4 a day, i should have quit, but at that time, i felt like i needed it. hth, brenda
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome back Sadai

I've recently started Hydroycut and have done some research on ECA stacking. Basic advice is this :

Quote:
IF any of the following apply to you -- high blood pressure, liver, thyroid, or psychiatric disease, pernicious anemia, nervousness, anxiety, depression, seizure disorders, cardiac arrythmias, prostate enlargement, or you're taking any MAO inhibitor or any prescription drug, don't even think of taking an ephedrine-based product without seeing your doctor first.

You might be interested in trying some of the stimulant free fat burners that are available on the market.

Btw, this is a great Wellbutrin site , had you seen it?

Good to see you back.
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Hi Sadai

Im in calgary so nice to meet U. I was on a low dose of trazadone because I have fibromyagia. It didnt seem to inhibit my weight loss but I went off off it about a month after low-carbing and havent needed it since. What exactly is hydroxycut?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 17:34

BF:

Hi Sadai, I got the error report you entered, are you hitting "reply to post" or maybe hitting "edit/delete" right next to it? Unless there is some bug, I cant think of anything else. Try logging back in to see if that helps.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 18:33

BF:

Thanks Nat! Took awhile but I can finally access, I had previously changed my email address and that required me to reregister.. Problem fixed!! Thanks for the sites, I had a discussion today with my pharmacist regarding the wellbutrin and he claims it is not a MAO inhibitor, his only concern with the combination of the 2 is blood pressure, mine is usually low but apparently the wellbutrin raises it , and so will the hydroxycut.. I could end up a bit dizzy... lOl "Not so strange for me I will try a small dose to see what happens. 1 pill in the AM
Just FYI I was on Hydroxycut before I started the Wellbutrin at 4 per day.
Brenda: I am currently on a very small dosage of 150 per day, and I am taking it for depression... Not sure that I feel any change other than feeling quite hot! Sadai

Last edited by Sadai : Fri, Nov-16-01 at 00:32.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 20:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sadai
Thanks for the sites, I had a discussion today with my pharmacist regarding the wellbutrin and he claims it is not a MAO inhibitor, his only concern with the combination of the 2 is blood pressure, mine is usually low but apparently the wellbutrin raises it , and so will the hydroxycut..

I knew MAO inhibitors were not to be mixed with ECA stacks and I checked, wellbutrin is NOT one (the site about wellbutrin has some interesting info on it, did you know most people who take it actually lose 5 lbs?).

And yes, I knew you were on it previously I read just about everything on this site I found relating to it and once was a thread between you and Susie and a few others.

I think as long as you monitor and go about it slowly you should be fine. Best of luck to you!

Nat
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 00:03

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%
Default feeling a difference

hi! glad your getting the information you need. i really didn't feel the effect of the meds until at least a month, but my dosage was higher so the effects more apparent. i hope it helps, it certainly did for me, with no adverse side effects, really.
be well & happy
brenda
p.s. nat- great link you found. what search engine are you using? i really could have used that information a few years ago.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 00:30

BF:

Thanks Brenda, and I love your Quote!! I am suppose to be taking double the amount I mentioned, however when I upped my meds I got the worst headache, and some major anxiety. So I went back to 150 and here I sit....