Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 00:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/154.5/147
BF:26/23.7/21
Progress: 66%
Exclamation An Atkins Tribute

I'm disappointed to see the memorial to Dr. Atkins has disappeared from the head of this forum. Without his commitment to making a difference in the lives of others, this discussion board would not exist and many of us would still be starving ourselves with unhealthy "diets" vs educating ourselves.

Speaking for myself, I would love to see a small biography and memorium head this forum and suspect many others would also.

Rest in peace Dr. Atkins and thank you so much.......you were taken far too soon!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 00:21
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi gracecame,

If you go to our "parent site" at www.lowcarb.ca or by clicking "Atkins Diet and Low Carb Weight Loss Support" on the orange bar at the top of the screen, you'll see our webmaster's tribute there.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 00:30

Hi Rosebud!

Thank you so much for responding. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, I have only joined this board since Dr. Atkin's passing.

Somehow it was comforting to me for the very FIRST post on this board to honour him. In truth, I tried to respond to it a few times but soon realized it was a statement vs a thread.

I'm sad to see it disappear and don't feel anyone should have to search to honour him.

To me, let it be the first thread, an expanded historical version for a person who fought the system and was only recently acknowledged positively by the medical community.

The very least we can do as followers is to place him first and foremost, a reminder to all of a man who stood up for what he believed and made a difference in the lives of those that drifted here.

Respectfully.

His amazing grace.........came.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 05:20
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

gracecame,

The memorial thread is only about the time and date for the memorial service.

There is another huge thread at the top, where we express our feelings about Dr. Atkins. You should join us there.

I'm not clear as to what you want. I personally would be disappointed if that thread disappeared just to be replaced with a notice about the date and time of the service, if that's what you meant? Especially since the first thread aslo include the same information about the time and date of the memorial.

Quote:
I'm sad to see it disappear and don't feel anyone should have to search to honour him.

You don't have to. Go to the first thread in the Media/Studies forums, and it is the first thread there. And if you forget, go to our main page, as Roz said, and there a link to it from there as well.

Quote:
To me, let it be the first thread, an expanded historical version for a person who fought the system and was only recently acknowledged positively by the medical community.

It is the first thread!

Quote:
The very least we can do as followers is to place him first and foremost, a reminder to all of a man who stood up for what he believed and made a difference in the lives of those that drifted here.

I think if members want to honour Dr. Atkins, they can simply participate in that thread and post how they feel, and you can still do that if you want.

I think if we try to debate how many threads should be wrote and where they should be placed and how, we'd be like people disturbing a memorial by arguing over where to place flowers and seat arrangements, etc during a memorial.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-06-03, 22:52

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
gracecame,

I think if members want to honour Dr. Atkins, they can simply participate in that thread and post how they feel, and you can still do that if you want.

I think if we try to debate how many threads should be wrote and where they should be placed and how, we'd be like people disturbing a memorial by arguing over where to place flowers and seat arrangements, etc during a memorial.

Wa'il

I think you are absolutely right now that I better understand. Certainly would not want to do anything disruptive; I have such HUGE admiration for Dr. A.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond and I'm going to visit those links!

Blessings, K