Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 21:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/191.4/150 Female 67 inches
BF:43%/42%
Progress: 38%
Talking Christian Buddies Out There?

I am just finishing up week two of induction. I've lost 8 pounds so far and I'm feeling good. I'd love to have Christian friends to share with. I'm 38 years old and married with four children (ages 15, 12, 5, 4 mo.). My husband is doing Atkins also - he lost 5 pounds so far. I'm a registered nurse in northern California.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 22:13

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Congrats of the weight loss! I was in a christian thread but haven't heard anything from them lately. I just restarted induction today. I am ready to get going!!! I have 3 children 15,13,and almost 10. I am 39. My hubby refuses to eat this way but maybe I can get him to eventually. he needs to lose alittle!

oh yes, i am a preschool director/teacher and live in AR.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 21:46
Registered Member

It's nice to meet you pre3teach (Karen). By the way, how do you get the cheat free xxx days below your post? I see a lot of people do that and I want one too! Today I went over on carbs because I made a yummy new recipe and didn't check the carbs first. Oh well, lesson learned.

You said you were starting induction again. How much did you lose the first time? It sure seems to be a successful way of eating. Half my co-workers seem to be on it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 22:11

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Unhappy

I hate to say this but I have never done the strictest form of induction for more than a few days. The ketosis felt awlful to me. I am getting used to it now but still don't like it. I usually lose around 4lbs the first week. I first followed CAD when I started low carbing. It worked great until I started to have more than one reward meal

I am having trouble with cravings today so I went over my allowance but each day will get easier with the cravings so I am hanging in there. Ialso left for work and forgot to pack my lunch. (I left without breakfast too....I ate mostly beef jerkey until I got home around 5. No wonder my blood sugar is out of whack.

I am loooking forward to a better day tommorrow. What was it you made? I haven't cooked anything for awhile so tonight I prepared several things to freeze. I find I do best when I plan!

The cheat free sign is from the general low carb forum under DUSTIN. Just type his name in the search. Let me know if that works.

GREAT on the 8LBS I would love that!! Mmaybe if I would do the strict induction it would help!!!

Have a great day!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 22:32
Registered Member

Default Induction

I only survived induction because my husband was doing it with me. I felt O.K. - just sluggish. That was hard to tell from my normal state since I have a baby that wakes me up and I switch back and forth working nights three days a week and then being up during the day on my days off. HOWEVER, after the two weeks of induction I have more energy. It feels pretty great. I hardly crave carbs the last few days.

The meal I made was spaghetti and meatballs with spaghetti squash instead of noodles. It was WAY yummy but I didn't take into account that the squash was 7 grams of soluble carbs per cup. Of course the tomato sauce was costly carb-wise, but I was prepared for that.

Hope you're doing well tonight!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 20:54

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hi me too, a christian, and am at home on this forum since April 17th.
I am 55 have 2 DD one 33 one 15. Have DS 30. DH is 10 yrs younger than me, disabled, and I am a home mom, that cares for her mom of 83.
I would love to get to know all of you and be here for you.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 14:20
Registered Member

Default Welcome Fat!

Welcome....I'm glad to get to know you. It sounds like you have your hands full with teenager, disabled husband and mom. Hope you take good care of yourself.

Wonderful job on your weight loss. I hope my stats look as great as yours someday.

If you guys have any prayer requests, feel free to post them and I'll keep you in my prayers.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:52

Thank you very much... same here for you.
I am sure you will do fine, it just takes time. We've come a long way, let's leave that other person in someone else's body behind and go to the finish line.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/194/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default I lost 8 pounds too

Hi,

I was excited to read your post. I just finished my first two weeks, however I still nurse my 8 month daughter a few times/day so I didn't do full induction. I'm trying to stay between 30-45 carbs. If I have a higher carb day I buckle down the next day because cravings start for me if I don't. I have 3 children 13, 9 and 8 mos. I would love having a Christian buddy as I feel that it is only with the Holy Spirit's help and leading that I've been able to stick to the plan so well. It's funny looking back now but the day after I went to Bible study and prayed to the Holy Spirit to help me to eat healthier I just "decided" to start LC. The very next day. I didn't realize that until a week later. Like it was MY idea....ha ha.

Teresa
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 10:13

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:

Hi everyone! Looks as though you have a nice thread going here, and I would certainly like to join in, too.. It is amazing that some of "our" best ideas come within hours of prayer, isn't it?
I'm from GA--recently retired (both husband and I), and lost some weight on CAD before. I did fall off the wagon (and of course regained everything), but I've been back on plan (CALP) for about 3 months now. It will be a permanent way of life for me now. I just feel so much better. Oh--I should also mention that I'm Mom to 2 grown (sort of) children and Mimi to the cutest little 5 yr. old grandson that anyone could ever have. So good to meet you all, and look forward to chatting with you.. Please feel free to visit me in my journal at any time!
Tess....
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/194/145 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hey "Tess",

Tess was my nickname in High School! I too had lost weight 4+ years ago and am looking to make low carbing a lifestyle now. There are so many more resources out there now and good products too!

Teresa
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 10:32

Hi everyone. Welcome to the new ones on here. Glad you found this thread.
I could not do this without God's help either. Never been able to do anything alone.
I am going on an egg diet today for 6 days, hope it will help.
Later...Anna
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:55

Changed my mind about the egg diet
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 19:59

Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

egg diet? 6 days? wow good luck. i hope you can do it. i love boiled eggs.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 22:41

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:

Hi Teresa--Yes, there are so many resources now, that we didn't have before. And this forum is wonderful for me. I've learned a lot, and had lots of friendly encouragement since I've joined. Keeps me inspired.. Tess was our all time best doggy friend. She passed several years ago at the ripe old age of 18. Unfortunately, we just lost her little doggy "brother" a few weeks ago (at age 17)... We do seem to have the healthiest dogs around--they have all managed to live to a ripe old age. Only remaining now is our dear old Scooby (age 9)--hoping that she will do the same and be with us for a long time...
FAT--I'm with you on the egg thing (about changing your mind, I mean).. Eggs and I just don't agree most of the time. I think I can manage one--even to the point of cooking it and getting it on my plate--but then I usually end up giving most or all of it to the dog. Eggs were much better (IMO) when I used to be able to put them between a couple of slices of bread!