Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/150/115
BF:
Progress: 13%
Red face Weight loss When??

Okay, I know I'm expecting alot.... My girlfriend started this 2 days before me and she has lost 7 lbs. I know we are all different, but it gets discouraging! I'm trying my hardest and believe that I am keeping my carbs below 20grams, I lost 3 and gained them back!!! The only thing that I ate that I was unsure of was sugarfree jello with whip cream. I take Levoxyl for my hypo thyroid, it is regulated now. A little reassurance might help! I'm hoping all this hard work will show results.
Thanks for listening. Oh by the way.... Ketostix says I'm in Ketosis.

Gina

Last edited by ginab : Sun, Aug-04-02 at 20:47.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 02:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Its hard isn't it, waiting fot the pounds to disappear! If you're in ketosis though, you are burning fat, so they will!
What about using Fitday (find it at fitday.com) to check that you are keeping your carbs etc in line. I find it really helpful.
One thing someone told me, in one of my endless moans about why I wasn't losing weight faster (you should see how many times I wrote about it to start with) was this.
Fat cells, as they start losing fat, grab water, to try to stay the same size, hoping that the fat loss is temporary and it'll be back. When they finally give up on the idea, they let go of it - which can explain why weight and inches loss is in steps - nothing for a few weeks, then it happens for a while, nothing more for a few weeks etc. in some people.
Hang in there - there are lots of people here who have thyroid problems too and they're losing weight - have you found the Thyroid disease section yet, lots of encouraging ideas there too.
If you stick to your induction properly it will happen, though not necessarily at the same rate as your girlfriend - as you said, we're all different.
The other thing is that you don't have a lot to lose. Since we lose a percentage of our 'overweight' in a given time, someone with a lot to lose would lose more actual pounds, but probably the same percentage of their fat as you.
As well as a new WOE, I am (nearly) learning patience too!
Take care, Jay