Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 07:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Protein Power Pals - Sunday, May 9

Good Morning Everyone, and Happy Mother's Day!

My dh took me to dinner last night, then we went to the mall and we found me a cute white purse with charms on it and a really pretty pin. What a sweetheart I have. He's fixing steaks for dinner today and the kids will help him.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 08:21

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to those who are one.
Bawdy, unless you have morphed into Shreck since your picture was taken, you should have no problem catching the eye. Problem is, you need to determine how you want to proceed once you've caught one

Food is ok but I am very bloaty from taking anti inflamm meds for my back. I hope I haven't herniated a disk.I have degeneration there but this really feels more like bursitis over the hip and trochanter areas. It;s making my hamstrings shorten and I think that's what's really bothering me. Better not me anything major,I'm just going back to work from 6 weeks off
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Morning everyone! Happy Mother's Day! My 9 year old son made me breakfast all on his own this morning. He fixed me a peanut butter sandwhich (on my lc bread), a side of peanuts, and a carton of yogurt (which I slipped back in the fridge when he wasn't looking as it was regular sugar-filled yogurt). He is very sweet and so thoughtful. Then my husband brought me a cup of coffee and said "I took out all the carbs and all the caffeine just for you". Coffee is something I only let myself have once in a while, so it's a real treat.

My mother has back problems and doesn't do much shopping on her own, so we are going to get groceries for her and deliver then later (my son's idea). I think she'll like that since her back has been bothering her this weekend and she can't go out.

It's been a hectic few days. I haven't had much time to get on here, so I have a little catching up to do.

Orang - My company picnic was good. There weren't as many people there at in past years. The food was good. I was good and pulled all the breading off my chicken strips. We took our two dogs with us, so I got in some excersise walking them.
Gas prices are bad all over. Here in town it's $1.80 a gallon and up to $2.00 a gallon in some of the smaller towns even here in Arkansas!

Sweet Pea - Good luck with the excersise. Just remember to start slow and build up from there.

Bawdy - For what it's worth, you get a vote from my husband as well! Hang in there sweetie. It is perfectly natural to need to be wanted, especially when you've been through hell. Remember: Other people don't define who you are. YOU define who you are! And you are loved.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 09:59

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

my baby turns 3 today
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 12:00

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Hope all our Mom's are having a nice day. My DH made me a hugh breakfast! eggs, bacon, french toast made w/LC cinnamon bread and sliced stawberries. Was considering using regular syrup on my french toast until I read the label I then searched my cabinets and found some Atkins syrup way in the back. DH got me a beautiful bracelet and DD got me a beautiful necklace with a silver floating heart and she also bought it with her own money We are going to out to dinner and I am splurging with a reward meal (plan on the BBQ platter at Applebees ) I am also going to the gym before to help with damage control. Did not make the best choices on Friday so won't post my menu

Yesterday's menu

B - morning starts cereal, CCD milk, 2 cups coffee w/H&H

Gym - 50 minutes Elliptical machine, 15 minutes of Abs

L - 2 grilled pork chops ..tried to eat the bones , 2 cups salad w/ light vinegar dressing

S - watermelon cubes, Dannon L&F smoothie, 1 blue bunny LC fudge bar (only 35 calories!)

D - chicken club salad - ate crutons and almond accents, used Kraft ceasar vingarette

Batty - I read your thread on trying to come out of ketosis. Do you use the strips to test your ketones? If so, just keep increasing your carbs in small increments (5-10) until your strips are no longer pink. If you are doing this for medical necessity then you should have a urine test to make sure you are fully out of ketosis. Also keep in mind that the higher the carbs, the lower your fat should be.

Elaine - Hope your back feels better