Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:18

Plan: My Thing ??
Stats: 235/206.5/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Anyone?? Help??

Someone Help! I got a stomach on me i mean its not HUGE but its there and i need to get it off. I been trying to loose it ... you can't see it because i don't look the weight I am when i am out and about but some ppl don't know about my tummy that i see... I have tried crunches but they have been hard to do ... I been doing alot of bike riding anywhere from 2-4hrs a night 2-4 times a week.. is there anything else that i can do or try? a friend of mine told me to just put on music and dance around like crazzzy for a few hours each day cause she went from 175lbs to 125lbs or less in a year by doing that and doing yoga and walking.... all i could think was WOW! but anyone have some ideas? cause i dunno what else to try... cause i have changed my eating habits now its time to get excersie in order... but anyone? plz and ty for your time
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:30
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycle
Stats: 113/109/? Female 61 inches
BF:/~15%/11%
Progress: 38%

There is a lot of good information here if you use the search function (in the blue bar at the top). You don't mention what your diet consists of. The only way to lose your belly is to drop body fat. The best way to drop body fat is diet and strength training. My suggestion is to browse around the site, get an idea of the type of program that you think will work for you and then ask specific questions about it. Lots of people here are very knowledgeble and helpful, but a little more background info on your goals, current program and desired program are needed!

Hopes this helps get you started!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 15:36

Plan: My Thing ??
Stats: 235/206.5/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thank you ... sorry just new here trying to see what is what and trying to get to know the site some thank you for ur help though I have cut out all fast food and junk food. I Increased my veggies and fruit intake, whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta, yams instead of potatoes stuff like that ... but thanks again hun ... buh byez for now I will look around
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 18:59

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I think this is the same issue many of us face... how to get rid of the belly. You can't exercise to target specific areas for fat loss - it's really done in the kitchen controlling what you eat. However, doing resistance or strength training is the best way to build up your muscles so that you burn more energy. I use dumbbells at home and think it's a great way to start. Feel free to take a look at my gym log to see how I started out. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 19:11
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good post, Diemde, and Noire, amyella's right. Abs are made in the kitchen. They won't show until you lean out, and that part is diet.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 09:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Yams instead of potatoes?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 14:03
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki
Yams instead of potatoes?
Noire doesn't have a plan listed, but I'm assuming she's doing a GI-type diet (yams are lower GI than potatoes), or simply replacing processed foods with high fiber, unprocessed foods.

Wanda