Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 10:45

Plan: SB/Atkins
Stats: 140/136/115 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Not that much to lose, but how hard... 20 lb

Hallo Everybody,

I am new here. Very happy that I found this forum. I get so much motivation out of this.

I have been trying to find a right support group and wasn't able so far. I've never been that overweight, just slightly on a chubby side. I really want to lose those pounds and find a body I never had. I found that it is really hard to.

Is anybody else in the same situation. Let's support eachother in this effort!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default 20-25 lbs to go!

Hey Maru! I am in a similar situation. I have 22-25 lbs to go. I haven't weighed in a few days b/c of frustration. Looks like I have hit a plateau, I haven't lost in over two weeks. I know 20-25 lbs doesn't sound like much to loose, but it is SO hard, I wish there was a little more support for us.
Stay in touch!
-potomacnan
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 12:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 168/163/128 Female 5'1.5''
BF:44%/44%/22-28%
Progress: 13%

Hi, I am not even hoping for 20 lbs, more like 10 or 15 lbs but those last pounds are so hard to lose!

I will use all the motivation I can get!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 17:16
Registered Member

BF:
Default The last 20-25 lbs!

Hi Calicocat! Yes, even the last 10-15 lbs are SO hard to loose!!! I have been there a few times before. I am SO frustrated with the 20-25 lbs I need to go. I know this amount doesn't seem like a lot to most people, but I have always been a small person. I stopped taking dexedrine in January and put on 30 lbs. My metabolism is really messed up. I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but I am just so anxious to fit in my clothes once again!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 04:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/159/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 76%

hey gals, ya'll look like skinny minnies to begin with....how about a fatty like me???
I have been stuck here for a year now. After the inital 40+pounds I've been wavering around the 160 mark, and I don't like it.Could use a fresh start - remotivate me to get back on track and let the skin fall as it may (ha ha)
Can I join ya'll and see if I can find the strength to lock and unload during the holidays?? Please
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 11:23

BF:

I am SO glad that you all wrote. I guess we are all in the same boat. I am 5.2 so almost 140 is really a lot for me. My prediction is that it would be relatively easy for me to go down to 130, since I gained the last 10 pounds during the last year, but the rest will be VERY hard, since I've never been lighter than 127...

I say that we should support each other and work to lose it... What do you think?

I've been trying to be working out in the morning before breakfast. See if that makes any difference. I have also been really good in the last four days... Need to stay on track.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 08:18

Hi, I am having a problem here. I have been cheat free for a whole month; I had a buddy doing it with me so it was not so hard. But, since this buddy is not around here anymore, I just keep on cheating.

Anyone of you want to stay cheat free until December 23 or something like that? It would help me so much…

Cheat free doesn’t have to be too restrictive; you decide what cheat free means to you, but you stick with it.

I used to stay cheat free alone when I was still losing weight but since I am not losing anymore, I just don’t have the motivation to do it alone.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-04, 16:15
Registered Member

BF:

Hi everyone! I need to lose 25lbs and would LOVE the support! I guess my "cheating" would be not to exercise. I need to get my laziness to the gym! PLEASE stay on my case!!!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 11:43

BF:

Hey, sure, let's try a cheat free approach... How about not more than once a week little cheating... I just know that with Thanksgiving and Christmas I will do some cheating...

But, I think the problem most of the times that if I cheat, I feel like I might as well cheat through the whole day or the whole weekend. So in our challenge it should be: not more than one cheat meal a week.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:46
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I'm in. I have over 30 pounds left to go, and I have been stalled for two months now. I definately could use some support and modivation.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 21:25

BF:

How is everybody doing???

I have been doing some cheating, but not much and no sugar... I am glad :-) I really need to hit gym harder.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-04, 19:52

Maru, if you don't get to the gym, maybe you can try something easier for you. Maybe fun videotape would do it for you. I am doing a belly dancing videotape every other day. I am telling you, I don’t “forget” to workout anymore! For me the key was to make it simple and enjoyable. On the days I am not belly dancing, I am doing some Pilates. It takes a lot less time that when I used to go to the public pool!