Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 06:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%
Default Protein Power Pals- Monday, November 24

Good Morning Everyone!!
Starting today't thread.....Sorry for using the "M-Word" in the title

Have to get to work..back a little later
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 07:52

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Reverend Yeti said the 'M' word

Hands up, Yeti, you're under aresst for being a
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:11

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Orang-good one How are you feeling? Your brain seems to be working just fine......

Hi Rob, thanks for being the thread starter (and willing Orang victim)

OK, even though I am not starting the WP (wendy plan) till Friday, I am trying to slowly change some things. This morning I had a half cup of cottage cheese (full fat) with a few peices of canned pineapple (yeah, I know it's higher glycemic but I had the can opened from a few days ago already). Also had a piece of turkey ham. Snack at work was oatmeal with protein powder and peanut butter. Lunch will be leftovers from last night's dinner-pork cubes cooked with onion, cabbage and a little apple with brown sugar twin. PM snack will be turkey ham/alpine swiss rollups (tring to change from the protein shake everyday).
Discovered roasted sunflower seeds this weekend. Are they OK or should I un-discover them?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:09

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quick good morning! Busy weekend running around and trying to get housework done in between. My neighbor is having angioplasty either today or tommorrow. If they do it today they will fly her to Phoenix or they will do it tommorrow here. I spent a few hours at the hospital yesterday, ended up helping the poor woman in the other bed. Hospitals

Wendy - Congrats!!! Question, why 1450 calories to maintain?

Orang - Glad to see you are feeling better

to everyone, will try to post again later.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:21

BF:

Hi Ellie and Elaine

My brain is fine for the most part - still having a few problems (mood swings - just not feeling quite right) from having been medicated. My tummy / chest is really, really sore -- photoshop keeps my mind off that fact - Y'all are in trouble now....
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 08:56

BF:
Progress:

Saw this article on CNN.com, this is what DD has :

http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/cond...s.ap/index.html
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 11:38

BF:

Ellie - Intereting article. Sorry to see this is a chronic illnes that is often difficult to treat. How is DD doing these days?

Your notes on the hospital are another reason I prefer to be home with my own nurses when possible.

Elaine -
I eat sunflower nuts when I hike and they haven't bothered me. I treat them like nuts - eat once in a while - not everyday.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 13:48

Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

EUUUWWW,BUGS!! Our Orang has been captured by a giant bug!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:02

BF:

Calm down Elaine - it's my ex's birthday. Though it would be nice to put his pic on the site for a day or so.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:17
Registered Member

Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi all,
So glad to know, Renee, that your surgery went well. Your sense of humour is obviously still very intact. On Fri. I told my son that I HAD to get on the computer to check out this site to see how your surgery had gone.
And congratulations to Robin and Wendy on weight lost. You are both doing so well!
Our weather has done a sudden turn for the worse. The weekend was gorgeous. I actually did my 3 mile walk twice yesterday. I did it by myself in the morning and with my son in the afternoon. It was in the 60's. We did the walk again this morning and the rain started just before we got home. Temperatures were around 50. By noon it was snowing! Temperature has plummeted. Tomorrow's high is just above freezing. Oh well, it was too good to last. But we enjoyed it while we had it.
Pete, my son, is low carbing with me. He has lost 35 lb. since he left for Hungary in Sept. 2002. Wants to lose another 20. So far no problems with him giving up milk or juice and he will eat green beans and broccoli (with cheese sauce). I think I'm going to have to become more adventurous in my cooking though to keep him interested. He loves the yogourt I make and at the rate we go through it, it's a good thing I do make it myself. Next thing I'm going to have to make is ranch dressing. We went through a bottle in just over a week! Yikes!!!
And the scale was kind to me again yesterday. Another 2 lb. lost. What I eat and what exercise I do seems to bear no relation to what happens on the scale. Lately I've been losing 2 lb. every other week. Last week we ate out twice more than usual, I worked out less and noticed several times that I felt overfull. What happened--I lost weight. Just no rhyme nor reason to it. But I'm not complaining.
Pete has gone to submit his resume to a temp agency to get some factory work before Christmas. He's got quite a credit card bill right now from his flight home. He normally does not run a balance.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Marjorie
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 15:09

BF:
Progress:

Orang - Hospitals are the pits. They are air lifting my nieghbor to Phoenix today. She told me that the poor woman in the adjacent bed was transferred to ICU I am glad that she will have contstant monitoring but it is still sad She may not make it out. On a brighter note, DD is doing ok on the new meds. Headaches seem to cycle and she is coming off a cycle now. The prevention med works fairly good and so does the migrane med but they just don't work all the time.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 21:08

Stats: 230/200/175 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Well, today it a great day, a day I've been waiting for since starting this WOE almost six months ago.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and the first number was a 1, not a 2.

Yep, 199.5.

This has been sort of an unofficial goal for me, because I remember as a teenager vowing I would never let myself get over 200. Then I avoided the scale for a few years, and by the time I stepped on one again, lo and behold, 220.

Now, I can't claim any great credit for this achievement. I owe the entire 5 pound loss I've had this week to the flu, which kept me on soup and cheese cracker rations for a couple of days.

Let's just hope I can keep it away now that it's gone.

Rebecca
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 07:25
Contributing Member

Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%

Congrat One Eye. I am still working towards that goal of seeing a 1 instead of a two when I step on the scale. I am excited for you. Keep up the good work.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 08:34

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Rebecca's back, and she's thinner, too! Hi, Rebecca! We've missed you!!!!!!!

Marnie, good to hear from you again. Glad your son is LCing with you. It's so much easier when you're not the only one in the house doing it. I wish DH would jump on board.

I only have a couple minutes, so I'll have to catch up with everyone throughout the day. The scale looked like 164 this morning, but I'll check again tomorrow to see if it's going to stick. Several months ago (actaully, it was Sept. 13), I bought two business suits. Both were too small (and unwearable), but the next size up was even more unwearable, so I went ahead and bought them too small. Hey, they were on sale! Well, I tried the pantsuit on yesterday morning, and it fit like a glove. I got so many compliments yesterday. The skirt on the other suit is still a little snug (it's a "pencil" skirt, so it might still be a while), but I can wait.

So, even though the scale isn't moving as quickly as I'd like, I'm definitely getting smaller, which is even better. I've said this over and over to people, and still it's hard to accept in yourself. Sure, I want to BE smaller, but I seem to need the reassurance of a number on the stupid scale.

I'm starved. I grabbed a quick Carbwise bar for breakfast (something I do only in a blue moon), and it didn't stick with me. I'm off to try the apple/cottage cheese/maple syrup/cinnamon breakfast idea of Wendy's. It's really not enough protein, so I'll have to grab something else, too. I've been having either half an apple or 1/2 cup of grapefruit (or both) most days lately. I haven't gained, I might have lost, and it does feel good to have some fruit again.

Catch you later!