Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 21:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy Using food

It's wierd, now that I am on Induction.

I get impulses to eat snack food (like ice cream and chocolate) when I get stressed or bored.

I never actually sat back and observed that behaviour in my myself.

As a Carb Addict, I use food (carb rich) as my crutch, to prop me up.

Sorry if this sounds simplistic, I'm just sharing a personal revalation.

Anyone else find this awareness on Low Carb ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 278/255/150
BF:
Progress: 18%

Dave, I sure know what your talking about! I never really knew I was a stress/bored high carb eater until I stopped eating it. And man, those impulses can be something else. I totally know what your talking about. Your not alone at all....That didnt seem soo simplistic to me at all.....most of my findings are just as simple..
Hang in there, I hope it gets better, i dont know for sure since Im still in the beginning as well...suzy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 23:59
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep! I never realized it until I started low-carbing because my days were just one prolonged carb binge until I fell into bed in a sugar coma each night.

It did ease up, but it's something I have to work at mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 20:32

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I keep wondering if it's the chicken before the egg or the other way around. Did I become emotional and then I ate too many carbs or by eating too many carbs I became an emotional eater. I hear you Dave...but I do think that eating low carb starts us toward a journey of dealing with the issues that make us turn to food in an unhealthy way. When you find out that you can control the urge to eat sugar by eating low carb, it restores control that was never there before. Never ever. I always thought I was the ONLY one on the face of the Earth that couldn't control their weight. I know...a bit egocentric. All I had to do was look down the street to see a dozen overweight people. I haven't totally conquered food...but I'm definitely closer to conquering it than I was last year. Victoria
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-10-02, 22:07

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

I knew it all the time before LC. Every day was a constant reminder as i battled with constant temptation to eat when not hungry.
I kid myself sometimes Im nearly cured. i know really I never will be its an addiction like any other. 'Using' a substance in this case food inappropriately never solved anything I will have to remain strong if I want to keep feeling free from cravings and I do