Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 19:24

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 232/200.5/185 Male 5-10
BF:
Progress:
Question Talking about normal Cereals - Spec K, Frosted Flakes etc

OK, I have been thinking - I usually do my semi induction - stay around 30 carbs a day. I noticed most cereals have about 25 carbs. Some have more sugar, other have more fiber.
I would like to enjoy a cereal in the morning every once in a while, and the rest of the day just eat no carb meals.

can you all please submitt a list of cereals and their net carb content?

I like Honey Bunches of Oats - has about 25 carb for 3/4 cup.

I noticed some of the fiber cereals in the store have about 25 carbs and about 12 fiber - so it comes out no to bad - not sure of serving size though.

Anyone else have other favorites???

Thank you,

John!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 19:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Actually, you can do that reseearch yourself by clicking on the Carbohydrate Counter to the right of your post, or using fitday.com

I have never liked dry cereal but there are some Keto products that are much lower carb. Check out atkinscenter.com for product ideas or the Low Carb Mega Store on the banner at the top of this page.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hey Super Walmart has some made with red wheat thats only 10 net carbs, Kashia is around 14 or something. The Walmart one is in with all the bagged imitation cereal.