Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 02:53
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%
Default Celebrity Fit Club really made me MAD last night!!

Ya know, i got so offended by the TV last night. There was Celebrity Fit Club on...they follow some celebs through a weight loss program. Well for a start the Dr on the program says it's his own plan, which is a downright LIE to begin with, it's the GI diet in all it's glory.
THEN last week one of the celebrities was over 30 stone in weight, which is 420lbs....so the first week he lost 22lbs (which considering his start weight, wasn't out of the way in my book) but the Dr showed real concern at his dramatic weight loss in one week - which I thought was terrible, it was really demoralising....he told him to try to not lose quite so much the following week and told him his new target for the week was 7lbs.

So he steps up to the scale and registers a 2lb loss this week - so THEN the Dr goes into overdrive on the fact that he hasn't lost ENOUGH this week!!!!

I was like WTF????? First off you're telling him he lost weight too quickly - then you're slating him because he only lost 2lbs. I felt really angry towards the whole thing - it makes a mockery of the way you should lose weight - in an even way, and anyway, HE LOST WEIGHT - he could have put it on!!!!

I think more emphasis should have been put on the fact that after such a dramatic weight loss the first week - which let's face it was probably a large % water....that his body was slowing down on purpous and that it was FINE to have a 2lbs weight loss in the second week. I was so insensed by it!!!

That's my vent for today. If they want to teach people the right way to lose weight, this is not the way to be doing it on public television!!

Grrr
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 04:27

Plan: Anti-Estrogenic Diet/PP
Stats: 198/194/140 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:27.9%
Progress: 7%

Hey Foxy!
Sounds like a fun show to watch, but you are so right. It sounds like he expects the guy to lose weight based on some formula he has come up with in his head, then is angry when things don't work out like he expects. Everybody is different, even when following the same plan, as any doctor surely should know! You would think he would support any weight loss at all...Shows like that make me so mad sometimes!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 05:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/179/147 Male 5ft 7ins
BF:
Progress: 29%

I normally love weight loss type shows (You Are What You Eat, Biggest Loser, etc), but I don't watch this for the sort of reasons Foxygluvs pointed out.
I did however catch the first or 2nd episode?, the one where the largest Celeb *cough* (who ever the heck he is) lost something like 25 lbs and they made him feel really bad about it. He's like over 300 lbs, of course he was going to drop a shed load of weight the first week .. and to then criticize him when he loses just 2 lbs the following week .. hello, he lost 25lbs last week, so its probably his body naturally adjusting (we’ve seen similar things on the Biggest Loser) or if not, then its almost certainly because he allowed himself much more calories after being told off for losing too much too fast last week. The nutrition guy is an idiot!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 08:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/204/120 Female 5'2"
BF:too much
Progress: 33%

As I watched some interview with the trainer or whatever he is on the biggest loser, he mentioned that 30 pounds in a month is not too much to lose if you can handle it. I was really surprised to hear him say this because usually the tv people subscribe to the status quo.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 15:03

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/129/125 Female 163cm
BF:26
Progress: 95%

Do you not feel that the target weight losses they give them for a week is rather tough, I mean 3, 4 or 5lbs is a lot to lose week on week and then be chastised for not reaching the target. A safe level of 1 or 2 lbs would be more reasonable, but of course that doesn't make good TV.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 15:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

The loss is for two weeks but the show is on every week. When the drill guy tells them he says your target weight loss for the next two weeks is..........