Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default at 348 pounds i need serious help and moral support

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][COLOR=Orange] Hey you all im Roch, and i am a serious yo yo dieter and have been all my life, this is my third time i will of tried the lcing way of life, and this time"I CANT QUIT AND I WONT QUIT".Each time i start a diet i give up after some time due to what ever feeble excuse i tell myself, i put on all i have lost and loads more, it is getting to the point where, i have no self confidence, i dont have a social life, and i dont want to apply for jobs for fear of rejection because of my size as the united kingdom is very size prejudice.
I am mum to a gorgeous energetic 11yr old son, who i feel is getting a raw deal in life as i cant do the normal other stuff with him that slim mums do. Two weeks ago i joined slimming world with a friend of mine and i lost 15 pounds, but i am a serious carb addict, so im decided the only way to go is cold turkey the low carb way, so i am back again today, my first day on induction hopeing to susceed this time, i am slowly killing myself and this has to stop, so please any moral support, help, advice and tips you can share with me will be so much appreciated, and hopefully i can help you 2, we can share the good days and the bad days together, our ups and downs, hope to hear from you soon, take care, luv Rochxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/209/200 Male 6.4 ft
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default looking good

Hello Roch
I've been low-carbing for 2 months now and lost 37 pounds of BLUBBER so far.
What keeps me going is the fact that many, many people tell the new me how well I look compared to two months ago. My energy level has increased dramatically and my skin has a healthy glow.
I'm not a vain person but I sure love a good compliment!
Eat a balanced diet and start a fitness routine.
I hope this little bit of info will encourage you to treat yourself to a healthier and happier way of life.
Regards.
Big Dutch.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 13:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi Roch,

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! You've definitely come to the right place if your looking for support and encouragement from people who understand. Sharing our ups and downs, asking and answering questions, seems to help us stay on the straight and narrow. For me, just knowing I'm not alone has made a major difference to me--hope the same will be true for you.

Have you registered at Fitday? http://www.fitday.com It's a big help in keeping us honest about the foods we're eating. One of the big secrets of lowcarb success is planning ahead.

Also, take a look at "Hot Links" in the newbie section. Lots of interesting past threads there. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=28939

This time, Roch, you're going to enjoy your LC journey and you are going to be successful!

Dutch, you're doing amazingly well! 37 lbs in 2 months--must be a record!

judy

Last edited by jude : Sun, Oct-05-03 at 13:37.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 13:31
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Welcome Roch! Just one pointer-the Triple Digits Forum may be of interest to you as they are well aware of the special issues you face at your current size. Then, join in our general discussion groups, start a journal and let the morale boosting begin! My sons are so much happier with my lower weight-because we HAVE been doing more together. There is a real energy boost that lifts the ole butt off the couch.
It seems there is a lack of LC products in the UK...don't let that stop you! I don't use many of the products anyway. Go for fresh veggies, meats, eggs, cheese and fats and your grocery bill shouldn't suffer much either. If you really want it-we'll support you.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:25

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

Hi Roch - and I agree with Neener. Don't worry about the lack of low carb products available to you. I avoid them and just concentrate on fresh veggies, meat, eggs, cheese and so on. You know, just normal stuff you find at the grocery store. I find the cost of the low carb bars, shakes, etc. prohibitive on my tight budget, but can eat very well indeed by buying just the fresh stuff and cooking things for myself.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:48
Registered Member

Plan: partial atkins
Stats: 223/210/145 Female 5'4
BF:39%/36%/25%
Progress:

Hi Roch,

I'm with everyone else...I'm a big carb eater too...I am a jamaican and we eat a lot of bread, lots of rice and fruits all carb rich foods so changing that has been a challenge and the yoyo diets have been a pattern for me the past 14 years.

My husband bought me a copy of "lay aside the weight" by TD Jakes and it revolutioned my life.

For years I have done a lot of research and tried every diet in the world, but reading that book brought to me the importance of why I need to loose the weight.

Not just to look better and feel better, but the healthier reasons that compel me now...

I have to sleep with a breathing machine (CPAP) because I am enroute to sleep apnae (when you stop breathing while you sleep) so that machine gives my body the oxygen I am not getting because the excess weight is in my throat and hindering the flow of air into my body...

That was a wake up call for me and I have been fortunate enough not to high blood, heart problems not other health problems so I decided to kick the weight before it kicked me! The final kick may be fatal.

I'm determined THIS TIME, THIS TIME to do this, slow and easy...very calculated and determined...

So I have bad days...that's what I love about this forum...I can be honest about my eating habits (hiding it has been part of the weight issues) and know I need to get in line, because others are having the same struggle and winning so it's up to me to be a WINNER also..

Roch, you can do this thing...one day at a time and I'm with the others, I do the veges and bake my meats or when I have time do, bacon and cheese omelet for breakfast...

If I stop at Wendys, I ask for a 99c jr bacon cheese burger without the bread and the mayo...they give it to me in one of those baked potato containers with silverware..

I realize I don't even miss the bread....

We are with you...sorry to ramble...but we are helpers one to another....

Let's do this thing...........
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:00

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

Hello Roch,

Welcome! It looks like you're off to a good start. Please feel free to ask lots of questions and request support when you need it. Also, be sure to publicly pat yourself on the back every once in a while.

As you'll be able to see from the numerous stories on here, low carbing is working for many, many people all over the world.

Read some journals and start your own I look forward to hearing about your successes!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:42

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 328/237.4/182 Female 67 inches
BF:50+%/34%/20%
Progress: 62%

Hi Roch,

Don't beat up on yourself- I think that's the most important thing to remeber: Be good to yourself- you deserve it! I understand your shame about not wanting to do things in public with your son, not to mention the physical limits our extra weight puts on so many of us- I often feel the same way about my four kids. But all of us are here for you, rooting for you, and willing to help in any way we can. You CAN do this!
Kathy
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 397/364/154 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 14%

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red] Hey big dutch, Mrlissavh, fourkids,Jude hey-nenner,short stuff and estherm, all i can say to all of you is "THANKS FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES IT HAS REALLY MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO ME". When i logged on today i was so shocked to see so many of you had taken the time to respond to me, day 2 of my induction and things are going ok, no cheating, and i am determined to do it this time. Sorry i could not respond to you indivudually, beung a single mum who works full time does not give me much time to go on- line, hoe to hear from you all soon, and anyone else who want to share the woes and good times of low carbing, i would love to hear from you all, thanks,Rochxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx