Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins/SBD
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress:
Default Day's fat percentage really matter?

I've tried Atkins but can't do without carbs, it seems. But I also seem to do pretty badly with sugars and starches, so I do still want to avoid them. I don't have a huge amount to lose, but I'm also concerned about slowly gaining over time.

I eat healthy carbs like apples, brown rice, beans, lowfat milk, and oatmeal. I don't always have all of that in the same day, but would it be detrimental to eat them all & on the same day as a serving of peanut butter, coconut oil, and tahini? (I also have protein shakes and egg whites to up my protein intake.)

If I have a high percentage of the day's calories coming from good fat while still eating those carbs, does it really matter, as long as I'm under a certain amount of calories per day? Should I be worried about the percentage of fat in my diet, if the fat is mostly the good kind? (I also have protein shakes and egg whites to up my protein intake.)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-05, 01:18
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

I would not worry at all, your plan seems perfect to me. Just make sure you like your own system
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-05, 16:04

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183.5/162.0/123.5 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I just bought a wonderful book that I would HIGHLY recommend to you...
"Living the Low Carb Life" by Jonny Bowden
It discusses the fat/carb relationship and history as well as tons of other information....
It really helped me alot!
I think-
people vary on how insulin resistant they are, and you probably should start a journal and write down how many carbs you eat with your fat intake & just watch how it effects your weight to find the perfect balance for your body... and if you get a chance to find that book at your local library or bookstore, please check it out!