Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:33

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default I Need Support........

Ok, Im having a real hard time, have gained weight. I keep trying to get back on and fail. so, today is day 2, and I really want to do it right this time,

please help me, so mixed up. too many people advising me the wrong way.. all not low carbers,,,,including dh, who wants me to eat well balanced and low fat,

help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

If you want to do Atkins you just have to ignore the naysayers (even is they are loved ones.) Time will prove them wrong! My advice is to do a clean 2 week induction and go from there. Doing a clean induction is hard but worth it. You have Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book right? If not the get it and read, read , read. If anyone says anything negative please feel free to use me and my DH for an example. Between the 2 of us, we have lost 90 pounds in 10 weeks! Tell them to argue with that. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 08:45
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

What way do YOU feel most comfortable eating?

Because any way that works for someone with weight issues will be an eventual WOL!

Just really think about longterm enjoyment of eating and feeling healthy and you will know what is right.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:21

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I Like Low Carb, However, I Have A Hard Time Losing On Atkins,

Been Thinking Of Giving Protein Power A Go.....
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:23

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Protein Power is very similar to Atkins. I know, I did it. Atkins is by far easier in my opinion.

You have to set your mind to it and do it....no matter what the people around you say. It works. I am proof and so our thousands of others on this board and in this world.

But no one can do it for you....you must make the effort and the decision that nothing will stand in your way...and you can DO IT!

I have faith...good luck.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:23
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Try what you want to and see what feels right.

I am a seriously devoted Atkins person but this is SO personal.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:53

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Cool

WOW Stallqueen - you have lost 30 lbs way to go!!!!!

I had lost 40 lbs a year ago and started adding carbs and blew it!!! (long story short) Gained it all back!! My fault!!!

Just re-group, re-read, re-study, look at what worked for you and enjoy life!!

That is how I am appoaching it this time!!!

I understand the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to come off and you are much closer today than a few months ago!!!

Good Luck!!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:58

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Oh I forgot to mention my DH was on Weight Watchers same time I lost 40 lbs he lost 30 lbs and was always hungery!!! we both stopped - he gained back at the same rate as I and then some!!!

I would rather lose and not be hungery, than starve!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:01

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I think the "clean induction" is the key. Eat NOTHING that is not on the lists in DANDR and you will find that your cravings disappear. Make sure you get your 8 x 8 oz of pure water (no diet drinks) and watch the limits on cheese, sour cream, sweetener, etc..
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:07

Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Common StallQueen, I know you can do it!

No matter how hard you fall, you keep trying, and keep coming back to the board for help. You are still down 30 pounds, and I know it is not easy to keep weight off when you can't stick to a diet, so I know you must really want to succeed.

You have tried so many times, maybe it is time for a fresh approach, like you said. All low carb plans are similar, but they each have a different approach, and maybe one of the others would work better for you at this point. Why don't you read up on some of them?

You just need to make a comitment to something, and try again. We will be here for you!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:39

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I know it is hard to get back to it once you've done it and quit. One thing that really helped me is to plan your meals, making them tasty and the things you really like.

You might just take some time browsing the recipe section on the orange bar at the top of the page and list those things you really like, then plan your menus, then go shop and make sure you have eveyrthing you need for them. That way you won't be caught in a pinch without a vital ingredient and fix it some other way that could up those carbs.

It takes time at first, but soon you will be doing it second nature again and feeling good -- and even those family members will be wanting to eat your stuff because it looks good, smells good and tastes good.

You can do this!

Hope this helps.

Debi