Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%
Default Ladies: Sagging breasts? Oh no! :(

Okay ladies...
Prior to my weight loss, my breasts were umm...LARGE we will say. I have since lost 2 inches from them, and I've lost some of the "perk" I had, too. (Yes, large & perky! Oh how I miss those girls )

Has this happened to you? Now they are medium sized, which is much more comfortable for me, but they hang lower.

Best exercises to boost them back up? I'm only 27, they should still be looking up at me
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 13:52
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have a similar problem, although mine haven't been perky since they started growing in 5th grade (yeah, I was overweight even back then). I've gone from a DD to a D, and hopefully will go down to a C by the time I hit goal, but they're sure hanging a little lower than ever. I'm hoping that time, exercise and youth (I'm 23) will be on my side, and they'll perk up as I lose the excess weight and my skin adjusts to its new size.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:08

Yes, hopefully my skin adjusts. I've been lying flat on my back on a large bench that I have and using free weights...lifting them from below my sides straight up (if that makes sense). I can see results in the way that the little "chuck" of fat between the breast and armpit area is tightening up, which is always nice.

Good luck, Hilary
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:27
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Is there a Nordic Trak at your gym? I was having a sagging problem too (had gone from a D to a C) and the Nordic Trak has helped tighten my chest muscles and reduce the sagging considerably -- although I guess at my age (43) some sagging is to be expected.

Today I am wearing a tight little white t-shirt at work. Ya-hooooo!!!

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 14:46

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

The only thing that saved my tatas was dumbell flies and chest presses. Lift to gain muscle... not tone. Higher weights that you can't do for more than 8 - 12 reps three sets. If you can only get 6 on the last set, all the better. You have to BUILD the muscle under your breasts to wake them up.

Good luck!

Kristi
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 15:09

Plan: Low Carb Intuitive Eating
Stats: 289.0/261.2/199 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

"You have to BUILD the muscle under your breasts to wake them up. "
Heh... I think my girls are DEAD.. not just asleep! lol I do stand up push ups tho, seem to be helping my chest muscles a lot... stand as far away from a wall as you comfortably can... lean forward and place both hands flat on the wall, then proceed to do a normal Pushup. LOTS easier on the back than traditional ones...
I do agree about the muscles being the key to perky boobs tho... oO that and a good set of rubber bands maybe ???
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:31
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Mine are now 34 extra long.....<sigh>

The bright side? Aside from building muscle to support them, if you lose a little slower, it seems the skin adjusts a bit. They don't seem as "loose" after my stall.

Also, I wear a bra most of the time...I found a comfy one for night even. I was told by a plastic surgeon that it's THE best thing a young woman can do to protect them from gravity later in life! I wish I'd learned THAT years ago! After two kids, gravity is a real bi*&^.....
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

iMPORTANT QUESTION:

How do we measure when we have saggy breasts????? my breast are suppose to be 46.65 inches (My measuring way)...but I don't know how I'm suppose to measure them?

Anyone with this same problem???

NATRUSHKA!!!! MISCHA!!!! ROSEBUND!!!! HEEELLLPPP!!!

This sagginess is driving me insane. An all because of yo-yo ing all my life.

I can't wait to get on my goal weight (145), so I get a booby lift!

Last edited by becky160 : Fri, Oct-17-03 at 16:38.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:41
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

...heck, I just let my belt out a notch. <giggle>
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 16:53

Quote:
Mine are now 34 extra long.....<sigh>

this cracked me up.

hehe...
hmmm
i will try those wall push ups.
and maybe get a boob lift later in life ?
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 18:57
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I measure mine while wearing the best bra I have.

I get my bras at www.lessbounce.com they have great bras if you have larger sizes. I am a G. I have always had huge breasts. When I was 120 lbs I was a DD.

I havent known perk since 7th grade.

I found this bra I really liked online once, I ordered it and it came and I loved it... a few months later I saw a picture of it online on the model and I cried. It didnt even come close to covering me up and lifting like it did the model.

After I get to my goal weight I am gonna have a reduction/lift

I have some free weights, I should probably do some more chest exercises. I try doing the rowing machine as much as I can because it gets the areas on my back and arms that need the most work. I slouch a lot.

The cool thing is that I can use my chest muscles to lift and bounce my breasts around like a man. I do that sometimes to see how strong my muscle is lol.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/155/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Yep, my boobs are smaller, but...
I am wearing a very comfy and sexy bra that I bought myself yesterday. I didn't really care about the sexiness thing before now, or atleast not for the last 10 years or so...
I had a reduction 6 years ago and they were amazingly perky for a year or so. Now, I'm happy to be able to cross my arms under my breasts and am enjoying feeling comfortable and sultry in my new lingerie!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:02
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I just tried to cross my arms under my breasts

I think I am going to go cry again

I cant wait for a reduction
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:24
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

mine always sag after a sudden loss.. they perk up again GIVEN TIME and skin brushing. I'm a C.. maybe smaller than some of you and less weight to bring down - although they certainly don't look like a fitness model with implants, most women don't. MOST WOMEN DON'T HAVE BREASTS LIKE WE WISH WE HAD. I had DD breasts by the time I was 12 - never got to have the teeny perky look.

Another thing that helps *tremendously* with appearance and comfort is not wearing a bra as often as possible. I know it sounds contradictory, and I am only going from my own experience but they used to be a hell of a lot saggier than they are now. I read a website that went into this theory.. blah blah I won't get into it now. I used to be anal about wearing a bra all the time because of sag, I thought they sagged because I didn't wear a supportive enough one or whatever - so I'd wear them to bed, I'd wear them all the time and as a result it was very uncomfortable to NOT have one on and my boobs didn't look good. So I stopped wearing one in the house and they actually firmed up both in appearance and feel, plus they became a lot more comfortable to just "have." My husband actually commented several times about the difference and that was before I told him what I was doing.

Another thing that has made the over all appearance of my chest in general is to have a good muscle foundation on the chest, esp. upper chest and shoulders.

Meg
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 20:34
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

I'm 60 years old, and have given up on perky. But since losing weight, I've gone from a 42 D to a 38 C and lo and behold, the chronic upper back and neck pains have subsided considerably. So I'll just be glad for that.

In the sixth grade, I wore a raincoat to class all the time so that the boys wouldn't notice that I was "stacked". Just a bit of historical lingo for you young folk.....

Kay