Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 21:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins and Curves
Stats: 175/171/145 Female 5'6
BF:28%
Progress:
Unhappy Real New

Hi,
I feel rather DUMB at this moment. I had a real hard time getting on this forum,my error, and now I am trying to find the post button on the new member introduction. Well this is a great introduction! I just clicked into someone else to send this new post. Maybe someone will take pitty on me and tell me how to do this right. You can guess, I am 60 and I have these senior moments. It is nice to finally get on line with everyone. Talk to you soon. Susan
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi and welcome! Don't feel dumb. I am a computer dummy but I manage to muddle through. I know about those senior moments too. I told my sister I thought I had Alzheimers and she said "Well Lori, I don't know if you have Alzheimers but you certainly have Sometimers!" Gotta love her right? Anyway, your post got through just fine. If you want to reply to a post just click on post reply. If you want to make a new post, click on new thread. Don't be afraid to ask anything. There are no dumb questions and there is usually someone here that can help you. Before long you will be a pro at this. Glad to have you here. Just jump right in and join us!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:03
Registered Member

Progress:
Smile Thank you

Thank you for your reply Lori and kind words. Changing eating habits at this age is very hard and of course I am not as active as I used to be. I know I feel very good when I am on protein rather then carbs. I do have more energy. Another question if I may? I click on the smiles and all I can get is the signs. what is the trick? Thanks again, Susan
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:22

BF:

When you are replying to a post, click on "go advanced" when it takes you to the next window just click on which ever smiley face you want. It will just show the name of the smile like when I click on it shows up as "wiggle" in my post but when your post actually comes up on the forum it will have the actual smliey face you wanted in it. If this doesn't help you enough just let me know okay?
Lori
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:24

BF:

Oh and by the way...changing eating habits is hard at any age sweetie but it sure is worth it to feel so much better!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 18:41

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Susan, I am always so glad when someone asks questions about how this thing works. I am learning slowly groping my way along. I'll see if what Lori H said works for me I too am a senior, have 2 years on you. So glad you are here. Keep up the good work.

Mary
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:13

BF:

It worked Mary! Yay!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 19:16

BF:

Oh yeah...don't feel bad ladies. I tried for days to get that cheat free icon in my posts. I finally asked and had it in no time. I was soooo proud of myself. Like I said...computer dummy here folks. There is usually someone that can help you with any problem though.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 08:24
Registered Member

Progress:
Talking No more senior moment

Well good morning to you all. Lori you have been a real gem. Mary, I will also be a smiler this morning I am off to our daughters and 8 grandkids to prepare for grandpa's birthday party this weekend. Hawiian theme. They have more fun with this celebrating. Our girls haven't had a family for over 3 years when they were kidnapped by their father. We are all together now and they are bright,happy well adjusted girls. We thank God for this. So I shall journal tonight and hope everyone has a wonderful day. Susan