Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 09:21

Plan: General
Stats: 185/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:you kidding me?
Progress: 60%
Default Taking a nose dive

The other day I wrote because my new BP meds were causing water weight (to the extreme - 3 lbs!) Since then, my meds were changed and I dropped those 3 over two days. But since then...I have lost another FOUR!! These four pounds came off in two days after having been stalled for several weeks!!

The only thing I can attribute this to is either the med change (I don't really think was more water lost) or the fact that I have modified my diet over the last week to include the same net carbs (about 40) but a lot more FIBER (like 20+ grams)! I have also started taking calcium supplements.

I think I found the magic bullet. Either that, or the whoosh fairy just felt bad for ignoring me for so long. Big time whoosh!

WoooooHooooo!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 09:23
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Way to go. I might have to try your trick. What types of fiber are you eating?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 09:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:

I remeber reading your post and how unhappy and frustrated you were. I am so happy for you! Congratulations and the lost and a Bravo for not thowing in the towle !
Happy LCing
Pattie
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 09:38

Plan: General
Stats: 185/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:you kidding me?

Well, I have added:

Nature's Own Wheat and Fiber low carb bread - no more than 1 slice per day
Kidney and Great Northern beans - no more than 1/2 cup per day (I actually ate chili w/beans!)
Nuts and nut butters - no more than 1 Tbs butter or .75 oz. nuts per day (like a PBJ half sandwich using 1 Tbs chunky peanut butter and 1 Tbs. SF strawberry jam)
Lots of green veggies like brocolli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, greens and spinach (rinse the salt off if you use canned)

I'm thinking of adding a little fruit and/or oatmeal in the mornings. Not more than 10 net grams of carbs for the meal. That will add on about 6g fiber for the day on top of the other stuff. I'm still going to keep my net carbs from going over 40/day.

I'm trying to get my fiber count to 20g or more every day so I also take a FiberChoice SF fiber supplement every day and some calcium. There is research that claims high calcium also accelerates weight loss.

So far, so good!