Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 17:54

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default Contemplating CAD

I've been on Atkins for the past 6 months. But I keep having problems with cheating, and not beign bale to stick too it. I'm getting so frustrated! I read the CAD book about 2 weeks ago. And I've been seriously considering switching to CAD. But I'm not sure. I want to try it now, but I'm going away twice for the whole weekend in the next two weeks. And I have no control what is being served to me. I'm trying to decided, if I should keep trying Atkins til I get back from the second weekend or if I should start CAD and do the best I can for the two weekends. I am just so frustrated right now. My weight is up so much, I only have ONE pair of pants that I can wear. And tonight I told myself I would be strong, but I gave into a peice of my sister's b-day cake. I feel so weak. I am always hungry. And I did score, highly in the Carbohydrate Addicts test. If you have any advice, it would be awesome!
~CindyLynn~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:47
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

It would be alot easier to switch after you gert back. If you have an idea of what you are having, such as eating out for lunch at fast food and being assured you can have eggs, then maybe CAD. It would be alot easier to try and stick to plain LC as it is not near as strict as the CM meals in CAD. It would also be hard to explain to the people you are with how CAD works and while you turned down the special pancakes for breakfast, your having pie with dinner. They are more likely to accept no sugar or starch period
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 19:57

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I would more likely do the cad while away...What Ladybelle says is true but on cad you can have a breakfast or just lunch and then have the rm. You don't need 3 meals/day. Having alot of protein (like eggs) is very common for breakfast. it might not be as hard as you think. Either plan has it's challanges while away.

goodluck
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 22:29

Plan: card addicts
Stats: 270/270/170 Female 64 inchs
BF:
Progress: 0%

CindyLynn

I started CAD on Jan 1. I love it.

On Atkins I lost alot of weight yes, but I was always cheating . Cravings were awful.

Since I started CAD , I have only been bad once.

I haven't been hungry after dinner and I'm not always planning what to eat next.
I don't eat breakfast when most people do, i usaully eat the first time at noon , them something small about 2 or 3 then I have my RM. DH is a lot happier to , he gets to eat a normal dinner again.

Tina
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 08:34

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Cad

I can only talk from a CAD point of view, since I haven't done Atkins, but I find CAD to be a very do-able plan while on holiday. I don't think that it would be hard to explain to your hosts that you only eat carb-rich foods once a day to control your insulin. They would probably be relieved that at least you could enjoy some special dinners with them instead of nothing at all. Make sure you plan for your breakfasts or lunches or both. Ask ahead, perhaps as to what plans they want to make and offer to bring some things. If they are thinking of going out for most meals, that will be really easy. I just did 10 days in Florida and on the road with every meal eaten out and had no problem at all sticking to CAD. We went to buffet restaurants where I could have eggs, bacon, sausage. Yum

Good luck with whatever you decided to do!