Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:40
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 194/184.5/147 Female 5 FEET 6 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Confused - I need help !!!

I seem to be struggling at the moment. I have been following the plan down to a T, and came down to 184.5 lbs, but I weighed myself the last couple of mornings and I have put on 3 lbs again. How can that be? I have been folowing the plan religiously. Would it be possible that I am not eating enough carbs??? I know I need to up my intake of water and exercise, but surely the eating alone should not make me put ON weight. A bit of advice please would be extremely welcome.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/163.5/130 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 60%

It could be any number of things. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water and watch the salt. I put on 2 lbs in the past couple of days, which I knew I would, since I had a meal with soy sauce in it the other day. So I upped my water, and have lost most of it. Could it be TOM? I gain a few pounds that time of the month, too. Just don't weight yourself everyday, keep to about once a week. It'll come off. You've lost 10 lbs so far, which is great, since you've only been at it a few weeks.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 06:55

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

EWENJ, actually, yes, not getting in enough water can cause the scale to blip. Your body is very good at conserving and adapting, and what it will conserve is that you don't give it enough of. If you hold back the water, it will hold onto what it has. If you don't give it enough fat, it will hold onto what it has. This is how we managed to survive famines and long winters with minimal food sources.

Increase your water, and your fat (I read in your journal you were trying to do this). Fat, btw, should come from fat sources. Think mayonnaise, extra virgin olive oil, flax oil, salad dressings. Using nuts is OK, unless you're trying to stay on Induction. While nuts are fatty they also contain carbs, and it's easy to go overboard on them (hence the reason they are not on Induction).

And always, always, remember that it takes 3,500 extra calories above what your body uses to maintain your weight to gain a lb of fat. This does not happen overnight

-Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 12:12

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

Post your daily menu..