Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 275/264/220 Male 189cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello from England

Hi,

I started "Atkins" last Sunday morning, weighting in at 275.2 lbs. This Sunday I weighted 11 lbs lighter, at 264.2 lbs. WOW !!

I had a great start, loosing the following lbs every day for the first 7 days... -3.4 / -2.6 / -1.6 / -1 / -0.2 / -1.2 / -1. I was quite happy with loosing 1 lb per day, however I put on 1 lb yesterday.

I don't think I am hitting the 20g Carb limit per day and my appetite is not as it used to be. Below are a few examples of what I have been eating.

Breakfast: 2 egg Omelette with peppers, ham, chilli or
scrambled eggs and bacon or
Quiche without the pastry - basically a baked deep omelette with broccoli, spinach, ham and bacon

Lunch: Tin of tuna with a bit of mayo on a salad leaf (sometimes salmon) or
2 Burger (each 0.8g carbs) with melted Brie
Chicken drumstick, chicken thigh and salad (sometime replace chicken with other meat).

Dinner: Simple meat and salad, or meat and veg. Often replace the meat with salmon, tuna, mackerel or prawns.

Snacks: Olives (max 10), cornichions, salami, pepperami, babybel cheese, chicken drumstick, sugar free jelly, pork scratchings (I assume pork rinds in America).

Obviously I don't eat all the snacks everyday.

I am worried that my weight loss has stopped and today I have gone backwards. I am doing everything I can to not eat carbs and probably eat around 15g per day. Am I doing anything wrong?

So tonight, I am off for my first run. I plan to run/walk away from my house for one mile and see how long it takes to get there and back. I plan to do this twice a week in addition to playing rugby on Saturdays.

I am glad I found this forum and will investigate some new recipes as I enjoy cooking, especially curry.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:25

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Welcome NotesMan.
You've done really well so far, amazing! Don't worry about a little wobble in the weight loss at this point, especially looking at the amount you've already shed.
Your food intake looks pretty good, but I think you could add some more veg. You should be getting a large salad (3 cups) and 1 cup cooked veg each day and the menu looked a bit short in that area. Also, how is you water intake?
Hope you run went well and Congratulations on your progress so far.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-10, 08:59

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Please don't fret about a gain after such a marvelous week of losing! It is normal. You will see your weight going down and then back up regularly. It is the normal pattern of weight loss for low carbing. The truth is that you should keep track of your average weight loss for each week. Keep track of your daily weigh ins, then add them together and then divide by 7. That will give you a weekly average. That should be your "official" weight for your charts. If you obsess about your daily scale numbers you will drive yourself crazy instead of enjoying this amazing way of eating for life long health and fitness.