Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 05:17
Registered Member

Plan: FatLocity (as of 10 March 02)
Stats: 291/276/175
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Low Carb Shopping in Boulder

Hi all...

Low carb products are very hard to get in Australia. I am travelling to Boulder, Co for work mid Feb, and I would love to buy/try some of the products you guys have, such as low-carb tortillas and Syrups, muffin/pancake mixes Flax-O-Meal cereal (not sure if I could bring them home, but could try?) I will have a kitchen, and will be cooking and staying on plan while I'm there. It would be great to try some new things.

Are there good Low-Carb items available in a regular supermarket or stores in USA, or are they still only available on-line?

I would appreciate knowing what kind of things I could buy, and from where. I know GNC stocks good stuff, they are JUST starting to open up here in Australia (yahooooo).

Would love to know your favourites, and where I can get them in Walmart, GNC, supermarket chain?

Thanks
Kim
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/192/175
BF:
Progress: 80%

K-louise--

I live in Boulder CO, and let me be the first to warn you of the winter we are having, its been brutally cold and SNOWY....

If you would like I would be more than happy to do a bit of research for you and get you a complete list of stores, if you can advise me of your approximate location of where you will be staying ill even get you some driving directions!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 12:53

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Re: Low Carb Shopping in Boulder

Quote:
Originally posted by K-Louise
low-carb tortillas ... (not sure if I could bring them home, but could try

I don't live in Boulder but thought that I might mention the unusually long shelf-life of those low-carb tortillas. They come in the refrigerated section but don't be afraid to try taking them home. As far as I can tell they don't spoil, maybe I get them extra fresh. Most of the other low-carb products are non-perishable.

Anyone visiting Albuquerque might want to visit Moses Kountry health food store on 4th Street in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque. It's not a chain. They have the largest selection of low-carb products you can imagine. It's an embarrassment of riches for me; I'd hate to tell you all the things I have access to. It's not fair to the rest of you. The chain stores don't come close. I think the owner must be a low-carber. I know some of the clerks are.

Allison