Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 00:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%
Unhappy Stomach Convulsions

I haven't been writing on the board lately but I have been following a low carb way of life religiously. I am down to 163 pounds, blood pressure down from 120/80 to 120/70 and thought that I was doing good. Until a few weeks ago.

I started having these really bad pains in my stomach. It is hard to describe but the pain was so bad that it shot up my back. I went to the Doctor and she sent me to get a Barium Swallow to see if there was anything wrong with my stomach. When the results came back they showed that I had been having convulsions and at times my stomach wasn't expanding. This is what was causing this horrible pain...My doctor told me that this was caused by diet and the only way now to have it stop is Medication. She put me on Nitroglycerin, a very small pill I put under my tongue. Usually used as a heart medication.

I really hope this helps, but I want to know why this happen to me....Like I said I have been following my low carb way of life or diet, whatever you would like to call it and this happen. It hurts and now I have to be on another medication.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Thank you

Candice
Sponsored Links