Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 13:56

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default How long before you decide a food is stalling you?

Hi. I've been adding foods in according to the carb ladder. On March 2 I was down a pound after finishing tom. On March 3 I added back in dairy...cottage cheese, Carb Countdown milk, and, a couple of days ago, lc yogurt. Since the pound I lost March 2, I have not lost any lbs. or inches. My average loss has been about 1-2 lbs. per week - even before I went back to induction and started over according to the carb ladder. At that time I was eating lc grains, berries, nuts, etc. And a bit of CC milk too. I checked my fitday records thinking it might be from starting exercising, but I started exercising before adding the dairy and lost 2 lbs. during that time. It's only been 9 days...so not a stall. Just wondering how long I should continue with the dairy before deciding that it stalls me? And should I keep adding according to the carb ladder in the meantime, or wait until I figure out the dairy thing? Thanks for any advice.

P.S. I meant to also say that the first time I had cottage cheese I had a low blood sugar reaction...in case this might make a difference.

Last edited by freckles : Thu, Mar-11-04 at 15:46.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

I've often wondered the same thing. I'm afraid of trying the items that are on the carb ladder when I begin OWL. I'm on a roll and I don't want to lose it!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:49

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Are you doing a REAL OWL, increasing carbs in 5g steps or a fake one (staying at about 20 but just different foods.)?
If it's a real one you may have reached your CCLL, critical carb level for losing. If not I'd cut the diary or whatever out for a week and see what happens.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 16:16

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Hi, Robert...I'm doing the real OWL...or trying to. I started with 3 cups salad veggies, along with the carbs from cheese, eggs, and cream...and was only getting about 12 carbs...the second week I added another cup of lc veggies and the dairy...on my second week doing this, but am still getting only an average of about 16 carbs per day. I've decided I'm going to cut the salad veggies back to 2 cups per day and have 2 servings of other lc veggies to try to up the carbs. So I doubt I'm at my CCLL. I think I need to raise my carb intake and that's what I'm trying to do...but now wondering if I need to skip the dairy step and just try out nuts. I don't know...I'm so confused.