Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 18:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Weekend Willpower

I am doing terrific with this woe Monday to Friday but I am dreading weekends. Ever since Halloween, I am having a terrible time sticking to this on weekends. I subsequently drop the weekend lbs by the following week but I am not losing anymore either. I am trying to maintain my weight loss through the holidays but I am sure these weekend binges are not good for me. So far it is 7:30pm Saturday night and I have been good all day. We are at the tail end of a huge snowstorm here on Long Island. I went food shopping on Friday before the storm and was surprised at the trigger foods I was craving. In the past, every storm would mean stocking up on sugary, high fat treats to be snowbound with. This time, I bought fruit for my son and lc veggies for myself. I am aiming to make it through this weekend and come out on Monday feeling proud of myself for making it through. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this lack of weekend willpower??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 18:13
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Weekends are my hardest time too. I usually find myself eating some form of LC sugar free food over the weekend.

I try not to but it keeps me from binging and I dont seem to have a problem losing from sugar alcohols just bathroom effect if I have more than a little.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 18:36

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Although I try to be good on the weekends and having my weigh-in day on Sunday might be the cause, I do find I tend to stray- I drink too much coffee and not enough water and snack on things a little too much. If I have things to do I'm okay cause I don't think about it but if I'm just at home doing housework I get bored and do things I shouldn't. I think I get snacky when the weather turns cold as well. Solution???Stay warm and busy???

#4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 19:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/177/140 Female 5'6''
BF:35/28/23
Progress: 50%

This is so true. I'm good all week and then I seem to eat all weekend! I think the structure of work, having to think ahead about lunch and being so tired when I get home, must help.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 19:37

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

During the work week I pack my breakfast and lunch. I usually will have a HB egg and an Advantage bar for breakfast, and salad and canned tuna/chicken for lunch. Afternoon snack is usually cheese and sometimes an ounce or two of peanuts. I go to the gym after work and then will usually pick up a Subway salad for dinner, or fix a cup of green beans and some kind of meat at home. The days are very structured and I eat well, staying within my limit of carbs - OWL right now.

But on the weekends my routine changes. I usually will fix scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast. But after that things get out of whack sometimes. I don't usually eat non-LC foods, but just too much food. Sometimes I get bored and get the "grazing" behavior going. Or, if I have a busy day my food choices may be rushed and unbalanced. Today for instance, I was a volunteer at a First Lego League torunament and had to be there at 6 AM. Breakfast and lunch were provided, but I got up early enough to fix eggs for breakfast. Good thing, since breakfast was all bread-type foods and oranges/apples/bananas. Lunch was philly cheese subs with not much meat on them. I ate what little lettuce was on the sandwich and the little bit of meat/cheese, getting rid of the nasty soggy hoagie. The rest of the available food was chips, cookies, etc., which I avoided. There was a big bowl of trail mix with dried fruit, chocolate candies, and nuts. I found where they stashed the can of mixed nuts that was used to make the trail mix and sustained myself the rest of the day with little 2-oz cups of nuts from the can (I had a cup total). A few more carbs than I wanted, but didn't think I could survive the day on 2 ounces of meat/cheese. (I was on my feet all day long queing up teams for the tournament matches and didn't get many breaks.)

Yeah, it is harder on weekends to follow the plan exactly. I don't know if it's lack of willpower in my case or just the lack of set schedule, but it is difficult to eat as well on weekends.

Joan
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/179/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 14%

The weekend is the hardest for me b/c Im not in school. When Im in school, my day and eating habits are very stuctured, so it is much easier.