Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 05:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/140 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default How has your attitude changed?

I like the way that I carry myself now. I feel pretty good in the morning when I get up and facing the day seems less of a challenge . Have your close ones noticed a change in your personality?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 06:03
I'm gonna make it!

Stats: 265/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

My post was similar. I am so close to the under 200 I can feel it. I have that radiant feeling. Others are noticing, cause I was hit on several times this weekend. Told I was beautiful, and had the most romantic time with hubby.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 06:33

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well, doing this, and sticking to it gives me a small sense of pride, when Im eating out I get like, this weird almost haughty feeling (maybe not the best words to describe) while peeling the bread off of my chicken or cheeseburger.. LOL..

A small bit of hope goes a long way.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 07:22

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%
Thumbs up

I've only lost 20lbs and have so much more to lose but i feel so good. Carbs makes me moody, depressed and i just have an overall feeling of hopelessness.
Not when i am Low-Carbing......i feel so much happier about my self and that i now control my food and not the other way around. i could never abandon this WOE.
Atkin's For Life!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 07:55

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I was always pretty cheerful and enthused, only now I am MORE SO! And I sure notice the difference going up the stairs to my apartment (we live on the third floor of an old house, no elevators.)
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 08:33
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

You guys are doing great. I have only lost about 5 lbs., but I noticed my overall attitude and energy level is really high. I feel like I am in control of my life.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 16:41

Stats: 195/187/130 Female 64 inches
BF:36.7
Progress: 12%

I've noticed a big difference in my outlook on dating. This past year, until I started Atkins, I hadn't been taking much pride in my appearance, and really didn't care at all about meeting guys or making a good impression at all. (I'm 24 and very single)

But since I started this in August, I've decided to start caring about how I look! I've been dressing much nicer for work, waking up earlier to do my hair/makeup, and I even have a 'crush' on a co-worker! I haven't had a crush in the longest time, and I think it's because I didn't have enough self-esteem to get excited about liking a guy. (Never thought anything would happen). Will I ever say anything to him? That's a different story.... (I may feel thinner, but I'm still too shy.)

I carry myself better now, and feel better about myself overall. It's awesome!