Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Smile one Month Down..... Measuring Results

Well, fellow LC'ers, it is hard to believe that a month has gone by already, but it has... 1 month on induction as of today, and I decided to modify my plan some... tweak it, where I think it will be more effective for me. I measured this morning, and I have lost 34 1/2 inches in a month!!! Y'all know that I am happy about that loss! I can tell on my body where I am losing... even on the places where I am more muscular and not as "fluffy"... I can see more muscle definition... I was noticing on my legs this morning... I can see where every muscle is on my legs even relaxed, then when I flex them... you'd almost think I was a bodybuilder or something like that!! the only weights I have been lifting lately though, are my own pounds! I will decide whether to weigh myself through the day... I know I may have lost out on that "morning-nothing-added-in-the-body" weigh-in, but heck, I know it is going to be lower than 301#! How much lower, I don't know... I guess I will add it to this thread should I do the deed!~ Have a good day y'all and success with your LC w/o/l~!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
I measured this morning, and I have lost 34 1/2 inches in a month!!!

You go girl! Yahoo!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 14:11
Registered Member

Smile Well I DID "IT"

I decided, after much debating within my head, to go ahead and weigh myself... I knew that I had already lost 14#, and seriously doubted that I had gained any of that back with the way that I was losing inches... but I didn't know how much TOM (on the 4th day now, after being almost 2 months late) would affect the weighing... I thought what the heck... even if it DOES affect it, there will be a Whoosh fairy visiting me afterwards ANYHOW... I weighed #295, a loss of 6 lbs. additional, making for a grand total of 20 pounds loss during a month of Induction... hey I will take an averaged loss of 5 lbs. a week any ol' time!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 07:22

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Suze-

Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! You must feel like a million bucks!! And the inches, WOW! Another 20 pounds and you are gonna feel totally different. Hurrah! Cindi
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Way to go, Sis- You are right there with me- I knew you could do it! We are the same size now, and doesn't it feel good to be in that "different category", down here with all the "lightweight 200 pounders"??

Go, Suzanne, go!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 12:49
Registered Member

Default THANKS GALS!!!

Thanks Cindi and Kat~ yeah it feels really great... fabtabulous even... I am transforming... metamorphosing... into the me I was meant to be... like the caterpillar... some see it as a worm... crawling... in a feeding frenzy to fuel itself... monarch b-fly caterpillars go absolutely nuts eating milkweed... they must not have to worry about carbs.. but then they undergo the transformation... and it is not anything done overnight... and when they are done... they are renewed... in a whole new image... and best of all~ they are able to fly... and that's what I am doing... making my journey... in the chrysalis, undergoing changes... and when I am done... I too shall "fly"
http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachme...=&postid=605155
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 18:01

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Suze,
Congratulations, 20 pounds and 34.5 inches in a month is awesome, you should be really proud of yourself. You are doing GREAT!

Summer
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 18:36
Registered Member

Stats: 350/304.5/250
BF:50%
Default I feel right at home here

So many of you have welcomed me and shared things that I have gone thru that I feel right at home.
I do not think I lost any wt this wk. I have been fighting the constipation. I have found that having home made cold slaw every other day is the only sure help so far. Any other ideas?
I am getting full sooner now. I think that is as it should be. That is very abnormal for me. Kat..........get my princess outfit ready. Shark.......do everything that 2 yr old does in a day and u will not need any fancy gym........hehe
Orchidday I understand.
Suze_c We can do it.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Hey Marilyn-

"I have been fighting the constipation. I have found that having home made cold slaw every other day is the only sure help so far. Any other ideas?"

Yes, most important of all, are you are glug-glug-glugging down at LEAST 2 quarts of water a day? Not enough water is the major cause of constipation.

Also, for me, if I don't get in some low carb veggies, then there is a problem, but if I include celery, cabbage (as in your cole slaw) spinach, swiss chard, romaine lettuce then all is OK. It doesn't seem to take all that much either, but seems to be better if I spread it out over the day. So I usually have a stalk of celery with my breakfast. Weird, but it works for me!.

Hugs,
Kat
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 19:00
Registered Member

Stats: 350/304.5/250
BF:50%
Default Happy news

I lost another 2 pounds. I did get to swim for 2 hrs.
This sight must be very busy tonight or my pc is mad at me it has taken 2 x as long as it shoulld to get around in here.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 20:34
Registered Member

Default That's Great News Marilyn!

Hey there gal, am glad that you are seeing results~! Feels pretty good doesn't it? I would suggest taking your measurements as well, because there are going to be some times when the scale is not going to show a loss, but the tape measure will~ I don't plan on weighing myself at least until the end of the month, but will be measuring every 7-10 days~ hope you continue on your weight descent!