Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 18:04
aznlily68

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default cant stop eating the bars!!

i eat a bar a day!!!
and lots of sugar free chocolate/candy
i just cant stop. I have no time at all to make anything in the morning or bring it to school......so thats just what i have to do. But, when i get home, i always eat real low carb foods. Is this bad?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 20:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Well it's not smart. At your present weight of 125 & 5'6" of height, you don't need to be losing more anyway, especially as you are still maturing.

If you organize your time better or ask you mother for help ( you are only 14 years old, aren't you?) you can plan to have meats, fruits & vegetables on hand. Frying or poaching or scrambling an egg or two in the morning takes only 3 minutes. And if it's lunches, ask your mother to cook extra dinner at night and take the leftovers for next day's lunch. you can eat sliced meats like roast beef or chicken (avoid processed lunch meats because of sugars & salt.) And raw veggies are always great.

Look into the Maintenance level of Atkins or Protein Power because that is where you should be. You still have a lot of growing and maturing to do, and your body will change its shape and composition over the next few years.

The maltitol which is used to sweeten sugar free stuff is a laxative which can affect the way your intestines work so really limit that sugar free stuff.

It sounds as though you are binging on the candy (and elsewhere you talk about eating BIG amounts of shrimp) so I have to wonder about eating disorders. Please do talk to your parents or your family doctor about healthy eating for teenagers. You are playing with your health for the rest of your life.

Hugs.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 20:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well, by your age and your height, your weight is not to bad, maybe you just need to work in a good exercise program.

If eating those bars and s/f sweets are your main food during the day................... thats not good for anyone. Can you not make a few snacks before you go to bed?? Or get up 20 mins earlier to prepare something for the day?

The results everyone gets are basically what they put into it, so make time for your health, if nothing else, o.k.

Cheers Kathy