Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 02:36
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 176/167/159
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question Epilepsy

Hi all!
(to those who have epilepsy)

I have epilepsy and was wondering whether the Atkins diet will help me prevent getting seizures.

I have been on this diet for about 2 months now and always in ketosis (deep purple).

Unfortunately, I suffered a "complex partial seizure" (with panic and anxiety attacks and anxiety for up to five days) so I was wondering whether anyone here feels that this diet has helped him/her to prevent getting seizures? I thought that if I'm in Ketosis, I should not get that many seizures anymore ?

Thanks,

Massimo

Me in snow in the alps (last week)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 15:16

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Dear Massimo

A very high fat (90%) diet has proved helpful in the control of epilepsy in the diet of children. However this is a very difficult regieme to stick to.

Do you take medication and is it 100 per cent successful in controling your fits? Also, which medication are you on?

On any account, if you are on medication DO NOT STOP TAKING IT. It is not worth the experiment.

If you want to discuss this with me further, private message me. I have quite a lot of knowledge on the subject.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-15-03, 16:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/130 Female 5.00
BF:31% by the bmi
Progress: 60%

hi

i have a friend who has seizures and the dr and nutrionist has him on a low or no carb diet with lots of fat and protien which helps him control his seizures. he eats a lot of whipping cream fixed different ways with splenda (artificial sweetner) and his mother even poors oil over his food ( in moderation ) and a lot of mayonaise. they dont have email or i would have them email you the diet plan. you really dont need it just follow the atkins or other low carb plan just add more fat.

always tell your doc what you are doing! dont take my advise until you talk to him/her.