Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 15:22

Plan: Jim's modified CALP
Stats: 483/405/220
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Another LCer joins the club

Hi folks,
I'm new to this plan, but for the first time in my life I feel like I understand why I have a weight problem and more importantly that there is a solution.

I'm a college professor at a small liberal arts institution in Oklahoma. I'm married with a lovely 4 year old daughter. My wife and family are very supportive of my new woe.

Anyway, I'll keep this short and just say that I'm looking forward to interacting here. What I have read so far has been encouraging and informative.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 15:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default welcome Jim

Im certain U will find low-carbing a great way to not only lose weight but to feel so much healthier. Please fell free to ask questions or add input anytime!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 20:44

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome, Jim. I think a lot of us find low carb with a sense of relief. After years of following plans that really don't work, and having a sense that eating low fat, high carb (I'd feel weak and dizzy at times, and KNOW I needed meat, and more than 2 ounces) it can certainly be a relief to find something that makes sense.

You're very fortunate to have a supportive family -- best of luck on your journey. I hope you'll post and tell us how things are going.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 21:15

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

welcome jim! men lose sooooo quickly on LC, I'm cheerfully envious of what I'm sure will be your excellent results.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 21:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/175/130
BF:Ah, nuts
Progress: 58%
Default Hi Jim!

Hi Jim! Looks like we're in the same neighborhood! My husband works in downtown OKC and we live about 45 minutes east of OKC. It's neat to see someone fairly local also starting this WOL!

I've only been a member 2 days, but I'm really touched by all the support I see here between the members. I think you'll really find it a neat place to be!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 23:01
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Post Welcome!

Hi Jim ,

Glad you have joined this forum. I'm so glad to have found it. I know with the support you find here you will do great. Looking forward to hearing of your successes.

Angelfish
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 23:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 215/206/110
BF:
Progress: 9%
Talking Glad to see you!

Welcome to this WOE, I have never been happier and I am confident that this is the best way to change your life for the better!

I have a 5 year old daughter...nothing sweeter (Except maybe 2 daughters I have a 2 year old too)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 15:19

Plan: Paleoish
Stats: 218/175/155 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Jim

I felt exactly the way you do when I first started Low Carbing. What a sense of relief to know that the "experts" aren't always right and you can prove them wrong. Being a man, you will loose weight in no time and, more importantly, feel great!

Enjoy reading all the forums - I can't get enough of them!

Melberry

ps. don't forget to drink lots and lots of water!