Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/223/180
BF:Have not checked %
Progress:
Default New to LC diet

Hi,
I have been on LC for six weeks.Lost 23lbs.I have put on 30lbs in last year. I want to loose about 40 more lbs. My wt gain has drasticlly effected my self esteam. But I am very motivated to continue to loose wt. I lost the first 20lbs in first few weeks. Slowed way down. I am trying to get out of habbit of weighing daily. Gets me down. I have days that I get tired. I will up my carbs alittle on those days. Helps to try variety. I found a low carb bread. Only 3.5 carbs a slice. Been allowing myself two slices a week. Also, some recipes on this site that I cant wait to try. I measured myself when I started and starting to see some inches lost. My Husband not very supportive.He hasn't complemented me once on my wt loss. But I try to keep my spirits up. Any suggestions would be apprecieated.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 11:46

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default my two cents worth!!!!

Debbie, the first thing I can tell you is to read other people's journals. You will be so surprised at how much information you will get by doing this. It is a shame that your husband is not supportive, but just remember you are doing this for yourself not anyone else, and you are worth the effort.
By the way, you have already had a great start 30 pounds gone, that is great. Also I agree that weighing anymore than once a week is just setting yourself up for disappointment. That scale can be such a ugly little varment, .
Ask lots of questions and believe me having a journal is one of the best things to do, so if you have not done that yet begin one.

Best of luck with your low-carbing....joan
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 13:45
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My DH always says the wrong thing to me but I am very sensitive too.

I told him in the beginning "you don't have to support me in this but you will see this time I mean business" and now he knows it is for real.

Have you confronted him on the supporting you thing. Often they are just being guys and are completely unaware of your needs here.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/186/155
BF:
Progress: 0%

1rst- congratulations on your 23 lb. weight loss!!!
2nd-please put the scale away and go by how your clothes fit and how u feel
3rd- remember u didn't gain the weight overnite so don't expect to lose it
overnite either.
4th-keep on this WOE, it works, please be patient and compassionate

with yourself, like u would be with your best friend.

5th- just think u are already 1/3 of the way there.!!!
6th- its a good idea to read other people's posts, it will give u encouragement and good ideas

Last edited by zuzu : Thu, Jul-03-03 at 14:24.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 15:40

Stats: 245/223/180
BF:Have not checked %
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkonzelman
My DH always says the wrong thing to me but I am very sensitive too.

I told him in the beginning "you don't have to support me in this but you will see this time I mean business" and now he knows it is for real.

Have you confronted him on the supporting you thing. Often they are just being guys and are completely unaware of your needs here.

I have confronted him. He says he can't see a differece yet and that I cover up so much that he can't tell. But, I think men are so scared to say anything because they are affraid it might be the wrong thing. He knows I am very sensative about my wt. But I am still pretty jazzed that I finally got over the 20 lb mark. Thats a big motivator for me that it is working. I can feel a difference and thats what counts
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 17:17
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I hate to ever side with the ignorant DH.... LOL!

But please don't take offense to this because I mean it from a perspective that appreciates curves. But to tell you the truth you maybe covering up too much. Have you ever watched that show "what not to wear". It is amazing. I was a size 24 and now a size 10 and I really did wear things to cover myself up that now I can see didn't flatter me.

I know it is very hard because you don't like your body but his stating that you cover up to much means "he wants to see your curves" he likes them.

Just a thought.