Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 09:56

Plan: Not sure. 30g max a day
Stats: 162/142/130
BF:
Progress: 63%
Unhappy Needing help & encouragement to fight the cravings!

I am having a very hard time fighting all of the Christmas goodies! Our office is FULL of Christmas gifts from people. Like today, it's Baklava, fudge, fudge dipped cookies, frosted pecans, etc. Truthfully, I have cheated today. I have given in and had some of it today. How do you say no? How do you not give in, when that is all that you are craving? I need some good advice, and maybe a pep-talk or two. I have lost close to 20 lbs, and need to keep going. But this is really hard right now. Can you help? I would appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Smiley

Yes, it is VERY hard this time of year, and it takes a real solid understanding in your mind that this is the decision you've made, to stay the course through any terrain.

When that weakens a bit, okay, get back onto the course. But there are some things that you can do for yourself that may really help keep those indulgences to a minimum...

First...commit to yourself: DON'T sacrifice all that progress -- 20 pounds!!! -- for one office tray, or even one season of the year. What will you feel like in January when you have to go a size larger and start from scratch??? Will you even have the willpower to begin again??

Also...make sure you are NEVER without your water bottle! Drink, drink, drink...keeps the tummy full when the temptations come around.

Remember this: you KNOW what those darned things taste like...you've been eating them for years!! They don't taste any different this Christmas!! You KNOW what those things can do to your progress, your system, your chemistry...they're FULL of sugar, carbs, yucky!!! Why try to fool your brain with one bite?

Keep this in mind: The pleasure lasts for one minute...the consequences last MUCH longer!

I know your dilemma...we're all in the same boat. But since I'm the cookie tray maker in my family, the first thing I'm going to bake is a LC cheesecake and some LC treats for my OWN tray...and will stick to that when I'm going crazy for something sweet.

Hang in there girl!!!

It'll be over before you know it!!

#3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 10:50

BF:
Question

Thank you for the encouragement and the reality of the consequences if I keep slacking on the will power. I appreciate the advice. I need to make sure I have enough of the good snacks laying around that I don't have only the bad choices in front of me.
Thank you again
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 11:02

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Would you like to take a look at the CAD threads?

It is another way to low carb.

I have been reading it for a while now.

I tell myself not to eat the goodies because if I made them they would taste better

and that if I went on CAD I could have some at RM.

Mind you I am still on Atkins, but I am playing with my mind.

It works.

Pene
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 11:05

BF:

I am not familiar with CAD. WHat is that?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 11:13

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

HiSmiley,

Look up on the orange bar on top .

Low carb books