Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.8/185.3/135 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Help, need ideas.

For the type of work I do, almost always I eat in the car between appointments, Any ideas for lunch and snacks?
So far I have been taking cheese, peperoni sticks, veggies, Atkins bars.
I am in Induction and I have lost 5 pounds in 40 days. I am definitelly not lighting the sky on fire with my weight loss
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 18:01
Registered Member

Stats: 154/146.5/125 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 26%

I pack things like egg salad, tuna salad, cheese, pepperoni, celery sticks, sliced peppers, and salads for my husband. He also has to eat in his car. He works very long hours too so he needs things to snack on throughout the day. Although I make sure he has breakfast each morning. I also send LC shakes. He likes the strawberry ones. I get those at Wal-mart. 1g. carb per shake. They are called Advant Edge shakes. They come in a 4pk.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 18:02

Stats: 148/125/121 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 85%

from my understanding, the bars aren't for the induction phase.
Hard boiled eggs are good, but I don't know how well it would be driving behind the wheel of a car. I also like cherry or grape tomatoes. And water, water, water! slices of green peppers, a few slices of roast beef rolled up around a cheese stick, and tuna salad... again, I don't think I would eat that while driving. lol

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 18:03
Memere to 4

Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

hard boiled eggs,veggies,avocado, left over meat from night before,celery stuffed w/ cream cheese,deli meat wrapped around cheese. All are induction allowed foods. Prepare it in the morning. Only takes a few minutes.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 18:42
Registered Member

Stats: 206.8/185.3/135 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thank you for the ideas. It seems that except for the bars, I am on track. Any other ideas more than welcome
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 19:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Take a hunk of meat in a ziplock bag and then eat it using the bag as a glove.

If you can actually eat, then a salad in a ziplock container (the kind of tossable tupperware) and dressing in a seperate container can work great. Egg and tuna salads can also keep a while in the car if made with commercial mayo. You might look into actually geting a cooler for your car. They even have ones that plug into the ciggarette lighter and keep foods refridgerated. (heck if you go to a truck stop you can get an oven, frying pan, coffee pot, and practically a whole kitchen that can run off ciggarette lighters)

Do a search for "brown bag" or other lunch ideas through the forums.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 19:16
Registered Member

Stats: 144/133/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 79%

I buy the boneless chicken breasts and boneless pork chops and ham. I season and fry them up, cut them in cubes, portion them in ziplocks, then toss in the freezer. I can grab from the freezer, defrost by dipping the bags in hot water for a few minutes then take them with me. Or, I can defrost the night before. If you're eating in the car, these are pretty simple, and not at all messy.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 19:28
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins/General
Stats: 144//135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi,

In the car I eat cucumbers as well as pork rinds. I must look weird to other drivers as I chomp on a whole cucumber! Also, I stop for a LC burger from Carl's Jr. when I am really hungry!

Good luck, and I think you might see better results if/when you take the bars out of your diet.