Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up New to this site but not to LC!

Good morning all LC Lifer's out there! My name is Susan and I have been eating WO since 12/30/02. I have lost 23lbs. Gone from a size 18 to a 12 and loving life again for the first time in a long time. I truly wish I had started this a long time ago!

I am having so much fun with my food plans and exercise routines that I would not give this feeling up for anything in world. The dramatic changes going on with my body inside and out are amazing. My skin, hair and nails have never been in better shape. The energy level is off the charts. I am living each day to it's fullest now rather then hiding in my own little world. My confidence and self-esteem have never been so high. Those beautiful clothes tucked way in the back of my closet are now replacing the ones I used to use to hide my body.

I have been over-weight my entire life with the exception of 10 years ago when I slimmed down to a size 8 eating a low-fat, 1000 calorie a day diet. Not a way to live. As with all, as soon as I reverted back to my "normal" poor eating habits, the weight came back and with a vengence. Took sometime, but I managed to eat myself up to 180lbs. I was so uncomfortable with my own body that I would go to any length to conceal it! I stopped doing the things I truly enjoyed and most recently, refused any social events or outings with my husband and family. I didn't realize how big I allowed myself to get until I saw a picture taken of me, (I run or should say bolt from the camera) from last July while visiting my dad in Florida. He sent it to me in December and that is when I said, enough is enough! I gave myself through Christmas to do as I had been accustomed, and then right after Christmas, made all my lifestyle changes and have not swayed from them since.

I recently joined the ladies gym called Curves and love it so much, that I start part-time work there next week! I am so excited about my life now and am completely focused on helping others achieve their goals!

So feel free to drop me a note if you like. Support is the key here. Holds us accountable and I love hearing success stories and am here to cheer anyone along!

Take care and great success to all! LC for Life!

Namaste,
Susan

The meaning of Namaste:

"I honor that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in the place in me, and you are in that place in you, there is only one of us."
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi Suzeeq:

I agree with everything you've said and your weight loss is phenomenal....23 lbs

You should start a journal and post your menus so that others can see what you are eating and use as an inspiration. I would love to see your menu plan for a day.

So many of the people on this Forum have joined Curves. We just got one in our little town and I am curious. I exercise on my treadmill every morning for 30 minutes when I can. What do they do at Curves...is it aerobic, weights?

Please feel free to drop by my journal for a visit.

Rose
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%
Smile Hi Rose

Thanks for the response and thanks for the cheers! I am super proud of my acheivements so far! I will start logging my journal. This site is new to me so I need to do some searching around to enjoy all it's benefits.

Curves, well all I can say is it is FANTASTIC! Curves uses a circuit of machines that use hydraulic resistance, much life aquatic exercise. Difference is, the movement is fluid and controlled. You push and pull rather then lift and lower, thus reducing the potential for sorness and injury. They say doing the circuit twice at each visit is the equivilent to working out for 90 minutes. It takes about 33-37 minutes to go through the program from start to finish. The nice thing about Curves is it's all women. No stress or competition. Just women having fun and getting into shape and achieving their goals! That is why I wanted to work there. So, Wednesday I start! It is going to be a ball!

I am going to check out this journal and log some information. Thanks for the tip and if there is anymore I an on this site, let me know!