Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%
Default Help

HELP ANYONE. I've been on atkins since Feb. 3, didn't take long to get into Keytones. Problem all of a sudden for the first time I'm showing no trace. I've done nothing different, have not added any new foods, stay between 15-20 (one day went to 24 grams of carb, that was five days ago. Can anyone tell me how, why and how to hurry and get back into keytones. I'ved been doing good, lost 20 pounds since Feb. 3. But have 20 more to go before middle of June.

Lora
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:33
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Ibiessen (helping you should get me steak no.2!!!)

Just because the stick is not pink or purple does not mean you are not in ketosis so don't get upset. There's lots of reasons why - a couple of them are that you might just have drank a lot of water and your urine is diluted. If you have just worked out your body might have used all the available ketones and within a couple of hours you will test positive again. If you test early in the day it's usually lighter than later. If you are a woman sometimes hormones can mess around with it. That's all I can think of for now but hopefully this will ease your mind and no doubt some others will have more reasons not to worry too much about the stix.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:36

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

Thanks, i guess if the scale would move down, I wouldn't be upset, b ut I haven't lost any weight or inches in two 1/2 weeks. Starting to bet upset. i wish I could find a way to jump start weight loss again.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:43
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Don't feel bad - 20 lbs is GREAT - I've only lost a few, but I know if I don't keep trying I won't lose them just by wishing. So hang in - it seems that everyone slows down once in a while but eventualy starts to lose again. If you get off track when you are discouraged all that happens is you'll probably gain back what you lost and have a harder time losing it again. So just hang in.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:45
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi lbiessen! Congrats on your 20lbs lost so far. Maybe your body is trying to rest for awhile because you have lost so much. Just continue eating like you are and a whoosh will come. Try upping your fat perhaps so your body won't think it is starving just in case it is feeling that way.

Good luck!

Peace
red