Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default low carb Ignoramuses

OK, that's a mean term to use, but I can't think of any other way to describe these two people I go to school with (I am 24 and in beauty school). Both of these people are on LC diets. One of them hasn't clarified which diet he is on, and the other, a girl, said she is on South Beach. Said she was starting today, and we talked about it, and she said she wasn't sure which carbs were good and which were bad so she just brought cheese for snacks (claims to have read the book). So the girl asks me to go to the grocery store with her for lunch, and when we get there she is asking me what she can eat at the salad bar, so I give her the tour "lettuce, cheese, tomatos, sunflower seeds, tuna or chicken, deviled or boiled eggs, ranch or the bleu cheese dressing, olives.....". She makes a terrific salad, sits down, eats it, enjoys it, then we go back to school, and when I come out of the bathroom she is drinking a regular Coca Cola. !!! The guy, who is just plain silly, will sit and eat sorbee candy in class (how he doesn't spend all day in the bathroom is BEYOND me!), talk about his weight, and about carbs, and then at lunch make a beeline for the pizza place next door and eat pizza. Yesterday he had some tea and proceeded to pour 6 sugar packets in. I would like to help them both, but they are apparently in the same phase I was in when I was half-assing it. Sad.

Moderator note: title changed. -Kristine

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, May-08-04 at 19:35.
Sponsored Links