Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 12:19

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%
Default not hungry..

im not hungry, food makes me nausea!! what to do? i know i HAVE to eat more. its 2:30pm and all i ate today was a tossed salad and i barely got it down.... ....

is this feeling bad??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 13:28
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hmmmm... yes, it's definitely bad to be eating so very little. You are doing your own lc, so I'm not sure what that means. Also, have you read any books on low carbing?
I'm doing Atkins, so I'm going to go by that... you need to make sure that you are eating *every six hours* and no skipping meals. Also, if you haven't already, you may want to open an account at fitday.com so you can track your foods. You need to make sure that you are eating enough fat, and drinking enough water, or you will have problems...

Good luck to you!

Jenn
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 14:07

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

I definatley drink plenty of water. i do have an acct at fitday, but dont use it. seems too hard & time consuming....im an 'on the run' person so sometimes i know i dont eat as much as im suppose to. i guess i feel bored w/ foods sometimes too.....besides if i dont have an appetite what to do?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 15:39

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

fitdays a piece of cake once u get the hang of it. takes a lil getting used to, but i literally spend 5-10 mins there a day now. i work full time, i go to school full time, i have 2 kids, i exercize for an hour a day, one of my kids has karate classes and swimming classes that i have to bring him to, and i still have time for fitday. on the run is my life too. raw veggies are great for this- broccoli is my favorite- oh and string cheeze- i LOVE string cheeze. nuts- im going to turn into one- pistachios, macadamias, almonds, etc, etc. i prepare most of my food on sunday- bake up a whole rack of chicken, cut up a buncha veggies, make all my snacks in single serving ziplocks, boil up a dozen eggs. and im pretty much set for the week. steaming veggies can be done in the micro in 5 mins.

i hear u on the boring side tho- i get bored with food sometimes too- so, i try something new that i never had before- even if i think im going to hate it- or something i havent had in a long time. try going to a new grocery store instead of the same ol one- sometimes you'll see things u never noticed at your regular grocery store because you're so used to looking for the same things. this is how i found beanits.

i wonder if your lack of appetite is emotional- are u depressed? stressed? overwhelmed? (all of the above) try to detatch your emotions from food and you will find it will return.