Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:45
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%
Lightbulb Pounds, but not inches?

I have lost almost 20 pounds, but I haven't noticed anything fitting looser and my measurements are the same. When I lift a bag of potatoes or something, that's a lot of weight. Where did it come from? Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by Ohio Kim : Mon, Oct-20-03 at 12:54.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:48
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Kim, I was the same way. I dropped almost 30 pounds before I could notice a difference in my clothing size. Of course, my old jeans were so tight when I started, it took a while just to get them to fit normally, much less drop a size.

Don't be discouraged. Twenty pounds is a LOT of weight, and you've done wonderfully! If you're not exercising or weight training, I'd encourage you to do so. It really helps shed inches along with pounds.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:50
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thanks Hillary. That could be the problem. Perhaps, my old jeans were way too tight as well. I haven't been exercising faithfully either. I will definately start.... TONIGHT!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 12:52
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Yeah, I think exercise will help you. About a month after I added exercise into my daily routine was when I really started to notice my body composition changing. I'd like to do more weight training to really help tone as I go along, but for now I only have time for aerobic/cardio to burn fat. But it's a start!

P.S. It doesn't have to be a ton of exercise to start out. I only do 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, and it was a pain in the beginning but now I kind of look forward to it. Who'd have ever thought?!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 18:50

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress:

ohio kim, did u go on induction first? my daughter has been on Induction for 2 weeks now, and thinks her pants are tighter than before, but she does'nt look like she's gained anything? mind boggling!!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 20:13

Stats: 210/181/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

This is me....pounds first, inches about 2 weeks later. It still annoys me, but hey I'll take it