Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/186/130
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default yikes!!!

Well I was done writing this long entry yesterday in my journal, and then I found out that I wasn't logged in, and it canceled the WHOLE THING...And I really didn't feel like writing it all over again.
I was also feeling Very defeated yesterday, so I think it did me a lot of good to just get it all out....
I was having a hard time because, like I explained in the very beginning, I am a person who likes to see results, and if there are none, I have areally hard time continuing on my path....
Well, after not CHEATING and not stepping on a scale for 3 days, I finally goo on the scale and was mortified to find out that I had GAINED a total of 5 pounds since my lowest documented weight on July 20th. Im sorry but I don't know if I can handle the "bounces" that come with this territory. I was really elated, and floating on air at my "low", but this last time I got on a scale, it was horrible...
I haven't gotten on a scale since. I am afraid to.
I keep thinking if it goes up 1 more pound I'm going to stop this program. That it seems ridiculous to keep depriving myself of things I love if the deprivation results in nothing. I hate to sound selfish, but I really did love my carbs....I feed them everyday to the rest of my family...I watch them eat and eat while I don't even have the appetite to choke down my small meal...and I am drinking so much water I feel like Im going to start floating....
but here I am again...a still dismayed and even more worried because of the horror stories about bloating back up again if you stop the diet...
If I bloat up now, I will weigh more than I did to start and this whole month will have been wasted...hence my discouragement.

anyway, enough complaining...

Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 21:41

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Terasun,

Did you weight yourself in the morning or evening?

Food and water are not weightless and you WILL weigh more at night because you have been drinking water and eating most of the day.

This morning I weighed 148 pounds, and this evening I weighed 155.5. Now I know I have not gained 7.5 pounds in 15 hours. This is typical consumption gain and by tomorrow morning I am sure after my morning "break" I will be back down into the 140's again.

Advice....
Take your measurements. Compare those once a month and see how many inches you lose over how many pounds. *IF* you chose to measure your weight loss on a scale, then pick a day. Weigh yourself in the morning, with no cloths AFTER your morning business. Then recheck the same way in a weeks time.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 19:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/186/130
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default thanks

I will take all of your suggestions to heart...
I usually weigh myself 2 times a day, in the am...and in the evening...
Believe it or not I usually weigh less in the evening after eating all day...
Me and my stubborn metabolism...

Thank you again, Im going to try really hard only to weigh myself in the am and only 1 time a week.
hahaha...

Well I am going to try...

terasun
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 11:10

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Losing posts

Terasun – a word about losing posts: Why not type your message in a text program (like MS word or notepad – whatever you've got) then copy the whole thing and paste it into the text box provided here at the board? Easier to compose, spell check, etc. harder to lose!

Rhu