Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 17:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 128/122/110
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile Ketchup

Okay, this may seem like a silly question to all of you who are veterans of low carb eating, but as a newbie I need to know. Am I allowed to have ketchup with my eggs. I'm on day 2 of induction.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 17:49

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Day 2 is too early.

Ketchup has sugar - gobs of it. Unless you can find a sugar-free ketchup - others here would know if such a product exists.

Sorry I'm typing with wet nails and I can't be my usually chirpy self.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 02:58

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome! Your taste for ketchup will go, it would seem way to sweet to you in a while, were you to taste some by accident. It is one of the saving graces of this WOE, you don't feel you are denying yourself anything, you just don't WANT those things anymore. Just wait, it'll happen. xxx Doods.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 05:42

Stats: 128/122/110
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thanks everybody for all the help! I'm now on day 3 and last night...dreamt about danishes!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 06:10

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default sugar free ketchup

There are sugar free ketchups available... I believe one is called UN-KETCHUP. I tried it ONCE, and I ended up throwing out the last of it, so you know I wasn't that particularly fond of it.

I do make my own sugar free ketchup and it's not hard to do. If you search around you'll find different recipes.

IF, you can't find one you like, let me know and I'll share the one I use.

(I'm on my way to work right now, or I'd just dig it up and post it, but incase you don't really want, I won't take the time).
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/203.5/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default ketsup and barbeque sauce

Hi everyone,

Well it's been almost a week and I guess I may have goofed ... had barbeque sauce on my chicken ... please tell me that there is a saving grace because I had less than 10 grams of carbs all day.

Feel like I have lost weight ... won't know fore sure until I weigh tomorrow

jazzyflyer
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:35
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Ketchup lover

I have never given up my ketchup. Though, I noticed on the times when I avoided the foods that I put it on if I was in a loosing weight spin it helped a lot. (ie the experimental diet) But ketchup (my addiction) will always be on my scrambled or fried eggs. The only way I avoid it is to have hard boiled eggs. Having ketchup makes this eating more normal for me. However, it's up to you. I lost the majority of my weight having ketchup every day at breakfast, and on my hamburger salad at night sometimes too. It depends on your metabolism I suppose. I could probably be at goal if I didn't eat ketchup but ketchup on eggs is something my father and I did together when he was alive and I just won't have it any other way.

(I have been accused of being stubborn though )

Elihnig