Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 19:43

Plan: atkins (sort of)
Stats: 205/194/125 Female 5'
BF:
Progress:
Default HELP BAD Day

I have low carbing since 7/27/05 and have lost 19 lbs. The weight loss has began to slow and I have cheated all day today. I'm afraid that I am going to get back on that perpetual cycle of wanting sweet carbs all the time. PLease does anyone have any suggestions so that tommorrow I don't head down the same path as today. It is so sad I feel like a heorin addict!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 19:54

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Throw all the high-carb items into the garbage and start anew with only healthy foods in your house. Carbs can be addicting and the only way to avoid giving in to temptation is to eliminate the source.

The longer that you low carb, the easier it is to resist the urges to chow down on sugary foods.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 20:03

BF:
Progress:

Already done-almost. I have two small children and there are some things that are just staples in the house-those I can usually avoid. It is the evil people that I work with that bring in the scrumpteous yummies.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-05, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

When I was in that position, I found that it helped a LOT to have goodies of my own on hand. Before eating that brownie or Christmas cookie, first I would drink a bottle of water and eat a hard boiled egg, or some macadamia nuts. Its a lot easier to resist temptation when you are already satisfied. When you are already hungry, its almost impossible. You can do this!!!!

L
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 06:56
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

When I am at work and there is a ton of carbage I just practice visualization. Last Thanksgiving, we had a huge Thanksgiving dinner at work the week before and work provided turkey and stuffing and everyone else (maybe 150 people) each brought a side. We had literally like 30 different desserts.

So I visualized that the people who made them didn't wash their hands after using the restroom and suddenly I no longer wanted any of it! Gross, I know, but 1. It worked, and 2. I know for a fact that it was true in at least a few cases, so why risk it?

I ended up eating just turkey and salad and was proud of myself AND thankful that I wasn't moaning about stuffing myself (and I was probably the only one)...

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 08:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Wow, hearing about Thanksgiving really made me hungry.

My motivation is trying on the clothes that don't fit every morning. I understand about the kids in the household there is always a few temptations but like someone else posted I drink lots of water while cooking things like mac & cheese and such. I had to learn to not taste sample everything I cooked. Someone brang a big plate of homemade choc chip cookies to the office yesterday. There is no way I'd eat them only cause I can't stand a stall or watching the scale creep back up. I did take some home for the family though. You can do it!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 08:43

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Eat something with a lot of fat. Fat is very ketogenic, it fuels you up and shuts down your hunger center. I've been taking coconut oil as a supplement for a week and a half, and I am simply never hungry these days.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 09:49

BF:
Progress:
Smile Thank You

Thanks so much for all the replies. Today, I feel much better and know I can get back on track. All the info was really helpful and I so appreciate it. Today is a new day! Yeh!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 13:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/207/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I just wanted to say Hi and hang in there. It looks like we both started on the exact same date and I have 2 little ones around too so I know how hard it can be!! I am just determined right now and refuse to give in to temptation. I want the weight to come off so bad so I am going to stick with the low carb for a very, very , long time. I will keep buying cookies, snacks, etc for the kids and my husband but I definitely won't be eating it.
I will be happy(kind of) with my eggs!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-05, 14:04

Plan: Atkins' OWL
Stats: 294/237.6/149 Female 5'8"
BF:oodles
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssofian
When I am at work and there is a ton of carbage I just practice visualization.

I've used this technique myself - and sadly you're right, it's sometimes reality you're seeing. There are cookies on a nearby credenza this very minute, and one plate of them are from a baker who seemingly CANNOT make a batch without leaving her hair in it. Avoiding her cookies means I'm avoiding the entire table of cookies, because I don't even want to see hers.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 12:08

Plan: Atkins, PP, SB
Stats: 179/125.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Do I work in your office? My own hair or my dogøs usually gets in my own food everyday. I should wear a hair net when I bake.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 14:17
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Well if this thread didn't turn out to be a way to say no to the food people bring to work from home I don't know what else will do it YUUUCK!!

Crandlx--it might also help that when you have a sweet/sugar craving--1 Gram of powdered glutamine, 2 TBS flax meal, 2 TBS heavy cream and a packet of Splenda all mixed together. That will knock a sugar craving in the butt!!! Always works for me!! (Plus you get the added bonus of a nice bit of fiber in the serving) Good Luck!!!
Lisa
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-05, 14:19
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Well if this thread didn't turn out to be a way to say no to the food people bring to work from home I don't know what else will do it YUUUCK!! I can stand a little bit of cat hair but himan hair??? That's just gross!!

Crandlx--it might also help that when you have a sweet/sugar craving--1 Gram of powdered glutamine, 2 TBS flax meal, 2 TBS heavy cream and a packet of Splenda all mixed together. That will knock a sugar craving in the butt!!! Always works for me!! (Plus you get the added bonus of a nice bit of fiber in the serving) Good Luck!!!
Lisa