Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 14:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Get Togethers

I was wondering if there are any Vancouverites that would be interested in a weekly get together in a private place where we could talk about Atkins progress, support, etc? My husband manages and apt bldg in Kits and we have a lounge we could use to get together in if anyone is interested. Let me know.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 17:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Hi Debbie,

Great question/invitation. Why don't you come to the dinner we are gathering for tonight? You'll have a captive audience to whom you can pitch your ideas & thoughts on a regular meeting.

Personally I don't have time for a weekly meeting, but bi-weekly or monthly might be possible. All of our get-togethers (dinners usually) revolve around LC topics, with the bonus of good food . We'd love to have you join us. Watch the Canada forum for upcoming events.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 12:39

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default I'min Vancouver

Hi, I am totally interested in getting together. I heard about the dinner at the teahouse or some restaurant like that...I simply can't afford $60 for that right now. But I'd love to get together once in awhile to discuss the progress. I also work out at Fitness World, are there any other Vancouverites who are Fitness World members? Maybe we could all get together and have some meetings, as well as find some workout buddies
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 18:31

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking Our dinner was $10

Hi MarieB:

The general dinner we get together for is about $10-20 depending on where we go. We went to Memphis Blues BBQ House and there were 8 of us and our dinner came to $10. If we go to the Mongolian Grill - Great Wall on Davie; it's all you can eat for $9.99. I haven't been to the Greek Place but the price is under the $20 range.

The Low Carb Dinner at Fish House is a special treat and to let all the non Low Carb diners know that you can still get gourmet fancy food by eating low carb.

Hope that clears it up for you and hope you can join us at our next gathering / potluck.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 01:10

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Awesome, thanks