Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 236/127/130 Female 5'6
BF:98.7%/46.8%/36.8%/
Progress: 103%
Smile Hi

Hi i am very excited to find this i been doing atkins deit since March 2003. I gone from 236- 150. I also do work out every day. But my persnal trainer said she never seen any go down as fast as i have.

I been stuck around 150 for over a mouth now. Tryed all sorts of things change in plane change of excizices.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/140/133 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Welcome Lauracat!

What great success you have had so far! Congratulations on having acomplished so much in so little time.

Most of us have stalls at some point. Many stall right after induction, and many more do when they get closer to their goal weight. It may be that your body is trying to adjust, and has some catching up to do. Hang in there, and just keep doing what your doing. It may take a few weeks, but your weight loss will eventually resume.

Glad you made it to the board, there is lots of support here!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:49

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

WOW! You really are a big loser - LOL. That is great! Hope you have saved photos - you should post 'em!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:48
Registered Member

Stats: //! Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 2%

WOW...that is truly inspirational! 86lbs in 5 months?? Amazing!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:05

Stats: 252/230/165 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 25%

wow!

that's all i have to say
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 17:29

Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Unbelievable! You could be the poster-kid for Atkins! Congratulations on your great progress. I'm guessing you haven't had a "stall" up until this point, so you haven't any real frame of reference for what is happening to you. In general, most folks don't lose weight at a constant rate, and their bodies "pause" now and then to catch up to the changes. After a bit of time...a few weeks for most people...they again begin to lose weight with no alteration necessary in their diet or exercise routines. Keep your fluids up, and remember that the closer you come to your goal the slower your loss is likely to be.

Again, congratulations on your wonderful progress.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 18:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 236/127/130 Female 5'6
BF:98.7%/46.8%/36.8%/
Progress: 103%

Hi Just got back from the gym. It relly 148.8 now i also lost went from 98% boday fat to some were around 46%. My trainer Julie said that it amazaing how fast i lost it. No i had small stall and worked though them. I had one around 170 for a few weeks then it went back. I must admit that i do work out like crazy an hour 1/2 - 2 hours a day. And i do teach water arobics now. so that give me an extra 1hr 2 times a week since i am sweeting and working just as hard as when i am working out.

I have to get the picuter done from after. But as soon as i get some taken i will do before and after. Julie my trainer said right now were working on mussle mass. I want to go down more sizes.

What i love about atkins is all the posibiltys. Even though it low carb and no suger. there tons of things you can have just like normal day life. I even found a low carb pizza respea. when all said and done i liked it better becuse it was just like i wanted it.

I love the edudge wafer and like the keno stuff. In the morning i like my keno flakes with keno milk i do not even miss frosted flakes.

When pepole ask me how i did it i always say atkins but pepole think you have to give up things. I say it not giveing up it a life style change. I am very happy with this life style.

My goal is 130. So julie saids and 36% body fat.

Laura