Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-15, 22:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/213/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Top Ten Most Wanted: Reward Pending

I'm on WK4 Atkin's and feeling some positive momentum. You could argue that my increased energy, lifted spirits, sharper mind, and relieved body are all the reward one needs, and this is true, but, I like the added bonus of having something concrete to look forward to too!

I'm in a January Challenge on this site with a great group of motivated LCers where I posed the idea of rewarding myself at month's end after the successful completion of my goal. Alas, I'm stumped.

What would be a meaningful, enjoyable, fun, and genuinely rewarding gift for me to give me?

Will you help me think out of the box ? ! ? !

What would YOU reward YOURSELF with after reaching a personal goal ? ? ? ?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 05:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Well, no hesitation for me, I would go straight to a spa or nail salon
But if you have done any sports or weight lifting in your first month as well to reach your terrific loss, what about a sports massage? Have no idea if you did exercise now or before, but massage is my #1 reward related to the effort of weight loss and good health...moves the lymph around too as a bonus.
In the same vein, what about new exercise gear? Slinky new workout Clothes , a personal trainer session, something extra that would be a splurge? They say to never reward with food, but a splurge beyond the ordinary...smoked salmon, lobster, filet mignon, pate, etc? Possibly travel, if the destination doesn't revolve around eating out! Without knowing what you like to do, you are on your own with an example that category, but not foodie NYC, maybe a Weekend in DC (lots of walking, even inside the huge buildings) ?

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Jan-15-15 at 05:53.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 07:35

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Reward Suggestions:
Good tickets to hockey game or other sporting event
Go to amusement park and ride tons of rides with family/friends

Most of my rewards (besides buying smaller size clothes!) were centered around activities or experiences. Things I didn't do because of size or health issues. The ability to fit in a seat easily suddenly makes lots of things more available and fun.

Congrats on your great progress
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 09:41

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

1. another vote for massage or pedicure!
2. new workout gear, wear, music, etc.....gloves that let you use iphone while walking/hiking/running, high quality earbuds, a special class like bikram yoga, entry to a race........
3. new clothes!
4. dinner at a nice place- obviously pick a place well suited to staying on plan, like a steak house or seafood place

Congrats!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 11:10

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

since i am past my personal goal i have thought about getting my first tattoo of one of my inspirational quotes with some type of scale design noting my before and goal weight in Roman numerals.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 11:13

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

How about a fun week-end to somewhere fun?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 14:54

Plan: LC HF MP IF
Stats: 565/386/282.5 Male 73
BF:no/thank/you
Progress: 63%

Maybe you should do something for someone else, someone in need. It might not be as immediately satisfying, but it will feel good and remind you that there are people in this world with far bigger obstacles and challenges than being overweight.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 17:51
Registered Member

BF:

great ideas! i enjoy hearing the multitude of ways people can treat themselves. it's not easy for me to accept such things but we all deserve and need a little TLC in whatever way it comes. i wasn't necessarily planning on using any specific idea mentioned, but a massage resonates. it's been 10+ yrs since i allowed myself that luxury, partially due to guilt with the self perceived over indulgence, and partially due to a fear that those petite, white towels would fail to adequately cover me mountainous girth! joking aside, my mind and body are just beginning to recover from years of neglect, but i'd like to put myself out there. the hard part will be finding a space and therapist that possess the right energy for me. but, what the hell, i deserve it!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 18:51

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Maori, they say that the only obstacle for many people against getting the first tattoo is deciding what it should be. Your idea sounds really good, as a permanent reminder, incentive, celebration! I'm never going to get a tattoo. But I still like your thinking.

Of course, body design is a Maori tradition. But please don't tattoo your face.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 19:46

Plan: VLC/High Fat
Stats: 253/249/200 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Some various rewards I've done...
- usually clothes
- once a coffee maker (same that I still use to this day from a year ago)
- I think I did shoes once
- sometimes low carb treats, but I honestly don't eat these much anyways lol

I usually keep it simple, and while losing weight actively clothes that actually fit are a need and reward all at once...
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-15, 13:39

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I love the idea of the massage.. or indeed any luxury which you wouldn't normally feel justified in spending money on.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-15, 14:02

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I did three days at the beach ALONE and it was heavenly after raising 4 kids, 2 nieces and a husband for the past 30 years+... Ahhhhh, just me and the sunny beach!!
Room service for breakfast with lots of good eggs, bacon and sausage and a pot of Starbucks coffee with the cream I brought, looking out on the balcony at the beautiful ocean and then out to the beach or pool for some vitamin D.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-15, 14:46

Plan: Atkins Induction mostly
Stats: 173/140.5/130 Female 5'6"
BF:24.2
Progress: 76%

After a lifetime of rewarding myself with food goodies, my new reward is always getting some new item of clothing that I couldn't possibly wear before….and looking good in it rather than being squished into it or hiding under rather baggy clothes I didn't really like. Clothes are the new reward!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-15, 09:26

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Coming across this thread was timely for me. I'm away on a trip with friends this weekend and before setting out I rewarded myself with a splurge on some good quality cosmetics, rather than the cheapest drug store brand I can find, because low carb has given me good skin and cheekbones, lol. I didn't bother with my nails for years but now they've become strong and healthy, so I also bought expensive, very red, nail polish, base and topcoat, and polish remover. Yesterday I was filling out a form and the young man behind the counter said "wow, look at those nails, they're perfect". It made me smile.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-15, 22:01
Registered Member

BF:

speaking of clothes...

i haven't worn jeans in years. i refused to buy another pair of jeans - avoiding the reality of my expanding girth. when the waist size is > than the $ - i'm out !!!
so, while getting dressed for a family get together this past sunday, i found a pair of jeans i sidelined, oh, maybe 4 yrs ago. that and a dress shirt that i no longer had to worry about popping a button on!!!

it felt good being out of my comfy, khaki cargo pants and into something a bit more sharp. after coming back from the bathroom during dinner, my family members jokingly asked if i had bought some new clothing. my sister chimed in, "nah, he probably just hasn't been able to wear them in years!" i responded, "ding, ding, ding, give that girl a prize!" afterwards, as we were gathering to leave, my SIL grabbed my arm and said, "you really look great mike". i thanked her, appreciating what i've managed to accmplish over the past month.

~ however it manifests to you, continue to enjoy the fruits of your labor everyone!