Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 14:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 175/173/145
BF:30
Progress: 7%
Question Low Carb Candy Bars

Hi everybody! I have been looking at all the low carb candy bars at Walmart. Do I believe it when it says 25 g - 1 g fiber - 22 grams maltitol = only 2 grams of carbs. Or 17 grams - 1 dietary fiber - 14 non impact carbs = 2 carbs. It sounds too good to be true. Is it???? Also I get the whipping cream from Schnucks and it says 0 carbs but when I put it into the hidden carb calculator it says it has 30 grams per cup. Maybe that is why I have not been losing weight because I have been using 1/2 cup a day in my soy drink. Does anybody know about the candy bars. Chris
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 15:28
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

From everything I read works for some - stalls others.

I have them occassionally and only when I am going to cheat and then I choose a legal cheat. I personally LOVE the carbolite peanut butter cups frozen.

But you may be able to have them do fine.

My suggestions would be:

- I realize your not on Atkins but for Atkins people reading -Don't have on induction - get all the sweets out of your diet for those two weeks.
- If you decide to have them and your weight loss is stalled - make them the first thing you remove.

Regarding the whipped cream - usually if it says 0 it is >.9 and it's per teaspoon or tablespoon serving so it adds up fast.

Last edited by lkonzelman : Wed, Nov-06-02 at 15:34.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-02, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Cajplong, there are already tons of posts and discussions right here in the Products forum on the subject of the so-called "low carb" candy bars, do just have a look over the subject lines and do some reading, you will find them VERY informative -- so many of us have already asked and answered the same questions.

Also, consider THIS: if you are eating low carb on the protein power plan, what do Protein Power (or the people at the website for this plan, www.eatprotein.com) have to say about these things? Maybe they have some comment about maltitol not affecting blood sugar for most people... so are you one of the 'most' or one of the 'others'? Only you can tell, only you can be responsible to find out.

Hey, it's CANDY! Stick to real food til you get a chance to get used to anew way of life, and get to do some reading... you'll feel better for it, trust me