Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 13:26

Plan: Atkins the new Diet revolution
Stats: 176/176/132 Male 168cm
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Some Support

Hi ya all,

Need some serious support - I've been doing really great, but life in all its glory hit me the last week - and ive been eating all the bad stuff trying to keep up with, well, life!
Its very hard to keep up with stuff outside your own country, I've been looking forward to going home, and my stay has now been extended - going for week 6 now, and it's tough! We are working day and night, weeks and weekends and I'm tired.
Sorry for all the UK folks - but your food is not nice! I love meat but silly as it sounds it tastes TOTALLY different from the meat back home! So I'm not enjoying the food at all. I need some serious words of support not only to get me back on track, but to just be able to face clients tomorrow - smiling and all.

Thanx all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi! I know how that emotional eating goes. Been there, done that, wore the tee shirt out. I just have to stop myself now and say "Self, this is not going to help and it will make you feel even worse later!" Not easy though. I hope you get to come home soon and please try to hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/235/135 Female 5' 8"
BF:57%
Progress: 20%

Oh my....the food!!
I know it VERY well, and yes...when you get back home your will KISS the food before putting it in your mouth!!
I too found food bland over there. I remember ordering egg salad, and it came just as described...and egg, a leaf of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and a slice of chessire cheese. I was so hoping for an egg salad sandwich
I spent 3 months like that, and lost mega pounds. How long have you been over there? Fried foods were too greasy..fish and chips were making me ill. YUK, but yet...it is beautiful country.
If you want to share a laugh or two, in hopes that it helps somewhat...I can do that for you. Other than that, just try to do the best you can until you get back home....

Cheers