Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 01:56

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 390/367/200 Female 5"4
BF:s-66 C-64.4
Progress: 12%
Default I lost 15lb but help there so much more!

Hello to all,

Well, Here goes, my name is Nykky, which is the same a Nikki. I am a single mother of two. They are 15 month and 5 months and due to the time that I gave between the two which was very little. I've taking my body on a ride that it could't deal withso to speak. I 've put on 150lb in the last three years and i'm trying so despirately to take it off. I lost to children before i had these to so you can just imagine what my body has been going through. I started the low carb Diet today about a month and a half ago, and it's Basically a no carb or no sugar diet High Protein and red meat only twice a week! I like the diet but i'm very tired all the time! Not to mention that i'm chasing a 15 month old around all day. I'm fighting to hold on and would love to have friends who i could turn to when i'm about to fall of the wagon like now lol!!!!

Sincerely needing support
Nykky
Start: 390lb
Current:375lb
Start date:8-8-03
Current date:9-15-03

If im doing this thing wrong please feel free to tell me! I'm new to the no carb/sugar and to this way of changing my life for ever and i know that it's a way of life that i have to follow forever!

Last edited by nykkystv7 : Sun, Sep-21-03 at 22:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 02:11
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Nykky,

I see your plan is the "Edward Clinic" plan. Unfortunately, we cannot help you while you are following that plan. Because if you have another look at Rule 2 of our forum rules (to which you clicked "I agree" when you joined) you'll see that we cannot support proprietary, clinic type plans. This is partly for legal reasons and partly because we don't have full information of your plan to offer satisfactory help.

The "no carbs" on your plan sound a bit scary to me. Even the Atkins plan allows 20g carbs, mostly as vegies, in the first two weeks.
My suggestion would be to switch plans. If you go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen you'll see summaries of some of the major plans. I would suggest you choose one that you think you'll be able to live with, then buy the appropriate book and read it well. All it will cost you is the price of the book. Then we'll be able to help you.

I wish you all the best.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 08:21

Thank you for the reply so quick! I to was thinking that that was a little to realistic.So iwill go to day and invest in the low carb and give it a try.I really am looking forward in the day i can meet the goal and help someone along the way just as you guys have been so inspirational to me ! Thanks so much for my new start!

Nikki
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 10:31
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

It seems daunting at first, but my favorite illustration from the Dr Phil book is about point of view..regarding the story of David and Goliath...

When the soldiers saw Goliath their reaction was "He's so big that we can never slay him!"

When David saw Goliath, he said to himself "He's so big that I cannot MISS him"

No matter what plan you choose, you can do it! It's not easy (although, personally, Atkins is easier than any other plan I've tried..but nothing is "magic"..)
But if you keep going, determination can pay off! It's taken me about two years to get down 80 lbs, but I feel better, my health is improved, I was able to quit smoking without gaining all the weight back, and all in all I feel pretty proud of myself...
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 12:51

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 309/210/170 Female 5'6:
BF:
Progress:

Hi Nikkic:

I know exactly how you feel. I am the mother of five sons including twins.
I gained the majority of my weight when I quit smoking

I have gone from 309 down to 209 my goal weight is 160 so I am
in the last third of my three part journey. I am hoping to be below 200 pounds
in the near future

Believe you can do it and you will.
Anne.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:44

hi anne,

I'm very new to this and those word that you just given to me is like Gold to a brand new watch! It's really good to see some one who is doing what some told me couldn't be done! You have given me LIGHT to my darken cave! keep up the good work mean desire to walk threw but can't find the door!!!! Keep your light on i'm come out!!!

keep me in your prayers.

Nykky
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:44
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

For a quick start-head over to the Atkinscenter.com site and look up Induction. It can help jumpstart you while reading your book. The book is cheap at Walmart if you have one. Usually around five bucks in paperback.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 23:05

Thank so much i just got it tonight and i might be up all night readind! lol where did you tell me to go? I need to know what site you where speaking about. So i can research? Get back to me so i can learn more about the life change that i'm taking
"Please" Thanks again!!!!!

NYkky
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 23:26
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

The site hey_Neener was referring to is www.atkins.com

Cheers,

Rosebud
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 09:55

Thanks so much will chat later!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Great Start Nykky!!!
Welcome to the forum!!!!

Today, is the first day of your life...
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:24
"Hopeless Romantic"

Plan: 000000000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00000
BF:
Progress: 26%

Nykky, i have only joined this forum recently but it really helps answer alot of questions and gives you the much needed support from others going thru what your going thru. I personally am following the Carbohydrate Addicts Life program and am finding it really easy and rewarding. If you want to see how others are doing, go to their profile and read their journals. That is what I did and it lets you see how your choices compare to someone else. Puts things in perspective! Much luck to you in your new journey!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 10:26
I'm gonna make it!

Stats: 265/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Nykky

Congradulations for finding this forum. The people here are very encouraging, and friendly. Just think they were all where you are right now. Good luck with the new woe. Keep us updated.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 21:56

I just would like to thank everybody who has shown me love. It's hard when you feel like your fighting by yourself. I feel very tired now and don't have much if any energy. It's been a month and a half seen i've been trying to lose and I was thinking that it was suppose to get easier. Can some one tell me what going on? Is this feeling going to past?
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 04:55

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!
Progress: 51%

Hi Nykky! I too would like to offer you some support, I'm glad to see you've found this site. This site and the people here have helped me sooo much to stay focused! I never would have stuck with this without the help of everyone here. The sick/weak feeling you are experiencing will most definitely pass....I still get that feeling from time to time and I've been doing Atkins for about 6 weeks now. I found that after a few weeks of low carbing I very rarely have cravings anymore and this is truly becoming a way of life for me. All the best to you and hang in there! It IS worth it!!!