Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 07:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 224/206/170
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Hi all,

This isn't news about me but about my 26 year old niece. A little over two weeks ago, she saw me and noticed I had lost weight. Since we're close to the same age, I think she couldn't stand the fact that she weighed more than me and she's 4 inches shorter. She's so pretty and she's had multiple physical problems for a long time. In fact, I read up on Polycyctic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and I'm convinced she has that. Anyway, I kind of guilted her into trying Atkins induction for two weeks and she succumbed (she couldn't let me get ahead of her, now could she! ). Anyway, she woke me up yesterday morning and informed me that she lost 9 pounds and 9 inches in her two weeks of induction!!!

I am so proud of her! It makes all those calls over the last two weeks explaining things to her and encouraging her to keep it up all worth while. I kept telling her, "It's only 2 weeks after all, just focus on carbing out at the end of the 2 weeks." All the while, I knew that once she got rid of her carb addiction she wouldn't want to carb out. (Sneaky reverse psychology on my part ) And it worked!

So now, she's looking forward to pigging out on a steak and caesar salad instead of a DQ banana split. She'll probably read this and kill me, but she should be very proud of her accomplishment, I know I am!

Emma
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 08:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Good job Emma, spreading the word. And she seem to be doing very well, 9 inches!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 09:42

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Wink Someone Else's success

Isn't it great to see someone else succeed on this WOL. People have inquired as to how I have lost weight and I point them in the direction of a local book store to pick up a copy of any number of good informative LC books. From then on in it is their choice to investigate further. Fortunately, many have decided to jump on the band wagon. and I now have many friends who are following this WOE. By your success and example, Emma, I'm sure your numbers will increase as well.

By the way, nice pic. At least now if I pass you on the street, can say hi.....

Bonnie
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 09:46
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

That's true Bonnie! And if you know any tall, single, good-looking men, feel free to point them in my direction....

Em
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 10:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Wink RE: Someone Else's Success

Em, by the looks of the pic you posted, you definitely don't need my help in that department....LOL

Bonnie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 11:55
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

You'd be surprised Bonnie.....
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-01, 14:39

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Awww congrats to her and to you as well for being such a great role model for her