Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Made the Atkins Vanilla Ice Cream- YUM!

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to share that I made the Vanilla Ice Cream that Dr. Atkins has in his cookbook as it is allowed on Induction (1/2 c. per serving) at one serving per day. I was getting sick of SF Jello so I gave it a try (even went out and bought an ice cream maker so I could churn it as he instructs).

All I have to say is: My gosh, this is the best ice cream I've ever had-- no lie! You can't even tell it's SF (I used Splenda). It is so creamy, sets up like regular "hard" icecream (not soft serve). It reminded me of gelato a little bit as it is little heavier than regular icecream you'd by at the grocery store (like Dreyers for instance). But the fact that it is a little heavier is great, because 1/2 a cup after dinner did the trick and was AMAZING!

Just had to share!

Jill in Phoenix, AZ
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 17:27

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%
Default Yum, ice cream!

Oooh, sounds fabulous. I think I will invest in an ice cream maker this summer!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 17:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I picked one up at Target for $35. It's made by Rival and the thing I love about it is that it doesn't require any rock salt or ice. You take the core and stick it in the freezer. It takes a whole day or so to freeze completely. Once it is frozen you take it out right before you are ready to make the icecream (e.g. once all the ingredients are ready to go) and the ice cream was done in about 25 minutes with it churning on it's own (it's electric). Another nice thing about this one is that you can keep the core in the freezer (if you have room-- it's about the size of a medium sized crockpot) when not in use and then just pull it out when you need it and it's ready to go.

It was definitely a good investment, I think!

Have fun.