Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 00:54

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Canada - New Low Carb Bread

Heard on another list about a new low carb bread made in Calgary. The woman who found it said "It is not cheap but it certainly is good." The place is called Lakeview Bakery and their website is http://www.organicbaking.com. Since the website doesn't mention LC bread, I emailed and asked them. This is the response.

- quote -

HI JEAN
Yes we have just developed a high protein/low carb bread with a NET CARB OF 3 grams of carbs per 28gr slice. Total carbs = 7 gr - 4 gr of fibre = 3 gr net.

It contains water, High protein flour, wheat gluten, wheat bran,
defatted soya flour, roasted pea flour, sea salt, yeast, natural
enzymes and sunflower oil (NO SUGAR). It has a good flavour and we are having a hard time keeping up with demand. This week we made 250 loaves and this is only the 3rd week of production. It sells for $4.29 a loaf (454gr) and we have a 10% discount on 10 loaves or more. We have shipped into Vancouver before on the Greyhound - it can take 2 days and the bread lasts 5-6 days,so you would need to freeze it upon arrival. It stays soft for a very long time BUT because of its high moisture retention, it moulds after 6 days. We have decided NOT to use preservatives in it for obvious reasons. If you wanted to buy some, you could fax or phone the order with a Visa or Mastercard to the bakery at 403 246 6127 (phone) or fax 403 246 6609. In the next 2 weeks or so, we hope to have a secure shopping cart on line.

Regards Brian Hinton

jeanyy writes:

Are any of your breads low carb? I'm referring to the net carbs
after deducting fiber.. Would appreciate your response, cos I'm
desperately hunting for some (I'm in Vancouver).

Jean
- end quote -
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/158/170 Male 5" 8.5
BF:
Progress: 130%

Cool, I live in Lethbridge (about 2 hrs. from Calgary), I'm going to go up and buy some soon.